Carbs Leaking

sr73087

No one has mentioned the O-ring on the outside of the float needle seat.

Don't waste money on rebuild kit, as they come with stock jets, and if you have any mods at all, the jetting will be wrong.

Just get seat, needle, o-ring, maybe gasket. Carb Parts Warehouse or Sudco, Yammy Stealership

Unless your choke really bothers you, don't bother replacing, it's 35$

Edited by Larry's Shee

• 3 weeks later...

You can't really see anything in the pictures. The needle has a very very small indentation around it. Its only slightly viable with a light on it, otherwise you can't see any indentation where the needle seats. I know it is very precise but this is literally nothing.

I purchased this off someone who bought it from someone else as a project, they knew very little about it, so I am not sure if it is still the stock jetting. How do I check?

The other issue is that my carb rebuild kit does not look to have a needle. Pictures below.

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Thanks for the help but the last part of your post is unnecessary. Based on everything else I have found on this banshee so far, the rebuild kit seemed like a good idea because I have found many missing bolts screws etc. Plus I figured I would replace other seals and parts while I was in there. Other users suggested to just rebuild it while I was in there as well. Now, does it make sense that this kit does not have a needle?

I purchased this off someone who bought it from someone else as a project, they knew very little about it, so I am not sure if it is still the stock jetting. How do I check?

The jets all have numbers stamped on them. I saw in another thread you had Toomey pipes, so it should NOT have stock jetting and the ones in the kit should NOT be used. Even the main needle could be different as Toomey recommends their own. But few people actually use it.

Yeah float height would be the only problem now. Flip your carb over on a table and get calipers to measure 21mm, put it on the lip that the gasket sits on (without the gasket on) and bend the top of the floats to the caliper measurements.