Carbs Leaking

sr73087

• 2 weeks later...

Either the needle or the float. the float can be set too low and it doesnt seal off the gas inlet. place your carb upside down and with the gasket in place and measuring calipers measure from the gasket on the carb body to the top of the float. Bend the tabs on the float either way so that each little float measures at 21mm. Also the most common way to tell a needle is bad is by looking closely in the light, you may see a ring goings around the tip. That is a major indication that it is bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Either the needle or the float. the float can be set too low and it doesnt seal off the gas inlet. place your carb upside down and with the gasket in place and measuring calipers measure from the gasket on the carb body to the top of the float. Bend the tabs on the float either way so that each little float measures at 21mm. Also the most common way to tell a needle is bad is by looking closely in the light, you may see a ring goings around the tip. That is a major indication that it is bad.

So I took the needle out the other night and found that it was very clean. The needle actually looked to have a rubber tip, which I thought was weird. Anyway, I cleaned what I could, put it back together and it still leaks ALOT out of the overflow. I guess its time to take some measurements and adjust the floats.

Also, my choke does not stay out. Is there a simple fix for this?

It's not about how clean it is, there should be a visible little ring in it when you look at it under light. Take it apart and take a picture of the tip on the side under a light.

I will pull it apart again in a few hours. The weird thing I noticed is that the tip is made of black rubber, so I may not be able to see anything.

I will pull it apart again in a few hours. The weird thing I noticed is that the tip is made of black rubber, so I may not be able to see anything.

Not weird, that's how they are. If it has an indention ring you will see it and it's bad.

If you're taking them apart again you should already have new parts to reinstall.

• Like 1