Using left front caliper as rear caliper

Aesthetically, the block off plates look like ass. The shape doesn't even match the contours of the caliper. It looks like somebody put a Ford hood on a Chevy, but it's accepted because that's the way everybody does it. It screams, "I took off this useless piece of safety gear and put a bandaid over the hole". And for people spending hundreds on ti bolts, I bet a front caliper weighs less than a rear.

Didn't think of the weight differences. ...pretty good point....I'm pretty sure some one will verify this tho

Oh geez, will some one please weigh a rear caliper with block off and a front caliper? I'll bet it's way less then a pound difference if that.

With this mentality^^, your bike would never be light. I'm not big on cutting weight simply because im fat, but if i were seriously trying to shed weight i would totally run a front caliper on the rear, even if its a 1/2lb. Shit adds up quick.

OK, I weighed them. The front caliper with mounting plate and no banjo bolt weighs 23.6oz. The rear caliper with mounting plate, park brake block off plate with bolts and no banjo bolt weighs 29.9oz. A total weight savings of 6.3oz. Not quite 1/2lb. Or the equivalent of about $100 worth of ti bolts.

Fuggin eh!!!!!! This is cool shit here!!

• 1 month later...