Banshee backfiring and overheating

Hi im new in here i have a 2004 banshee and lately if gives me alot of troubles first the stator when out i buyed a new one after that the real problems began the left side was backfiring

And overheating throwing flames wen i hit full throttle and it was runing like shit i checked the compresión i crank and nider of the cilinder where pasing 100 psi so i bought 2 brand namura stock pistons and put it back together and did the compresión test again and even with the new position it didint pass 100psi

I put it to run and still do the same overheat and backfire lefside only

I barow 2 carbs from my friend and it began run good but still to heat on the left side Saturday i was going to the drags and out of no where it start to backfire again and it burned the front lights when i rev it i put new one they were good wen i went to the drag on the second pass it burn the lights again i run 9.70 then 9.40 can somebody giveme any ideas stock banshee only trinity pipes

First problem, Namura pistons. Should have went with wiseco.  Have you tried a leak down test? You can build a tester very quick, and there is a thread here that will explain how to build one.  Doesnt sound like your carbs were a big problem, but what are you talking about burned the lights when you rev it??

curious, did you rebuild your top end, or just bought the same size pistons. im sorry, buyed the same size pistons you had before and throw it back together? if so atleast you went cheap................namura really cheap!  got any vids of that flame thrower?

eje8uqah.jpg

is that an rm stator? if so the pickup coil they use is junk, had to put th factory pickup on ours.

did you have your cylinders checked for wear and taper? proly needs bored and new pistons to fit. do it right the first time.

Edited by toytech

if you couldn't build more then a 100 psi with your original pistons in your original cylinders, why would you just replace pistons with the previous size? your cylinders could be wore the hell out man, your tester could be as well. another thing is that a advanced timing plate, I cant stand on my head long enough to really tell. you didn't advance your timing to much did you?

Trinity pipes.......

Fresh pistons with no bore or hone......

No mention of jetting......

Hot mess.

• Like 1