Need help!, banshee will not click after each gear shift while not running

I have a 2000 banshee not very atv savy, I'm pretty sure it may be the spring or star or shift shaft.. Is it easy to install.. What other things may it be, it won't click when it shifts gears . any help is greatly appreciated. Am I just better off getting raped from a shop, I'm new here so what's up everyone!

I have a 2000 banshee not very atv savy, I'm pretty sure it may be the spring or star or shift shaft.. Is it easy to install.. What other things may it be, it won't click when it shifts gears . any help is greatly appreciated. Am I just better off getting raped from a shop, I'm new here so what's up everyone!

The latch end of the shift shaft may have bent and popped off the shift star.

If you are going to own a Banshee….the days of "Not being too ATV savvy" are about over. LOL

Get yourself a CLYMERS manual and start with pulling that clutch cover off……...

• Like 1

Wait, you're not just trying to get it to go through all 6 gears while the machine is just sitting are ya?

Good catch! ^^^

Rock the bike chief. The gears have to MOVE to complete the shifting

no man.....totally different. you have to move the bike at least by hand to get ALL the gears to engage.  otherwise you can ususally just get first, neutral and 2nd......sometimes it will hop into third without moving.  but if you rotate the rear tires (by just pushing the bike forward and backwards) it will allow the gears to move just enough to all them to pop into all gears.

on a side note.....why are you trying to run it through all 6 gears while the engine is off and still in the frame?

• 1 month later...