new Wiseco 4 mil pistons?

Dont confuse them they have no idea why those would be there, they would not know why that intake is so hi compared to a stock Banshee, remember the intake doesn't really do much thats why no one modify's them...

No one it discrediting the pistons. Or the fact that they may end up being a useful tool in making a good engine combo. ( although the route you chose sounds questionable at best).

But to make it sound like improved piston ports are going to add any noticeable power...nah...not going to happen. Fact is they do allow SOME extra mixture in..but the majority drops in under the skirt ..not through those two little holes. Playing with enlarging them has been tried over and over , in all different manners, and any "real world" gains have yet to be definitely proven.

You'd find more power gains ditching the stock head and focusing on proper dome design, than opening piston windows ..any day of the week.

Sent from a van down by the river

No one it discrediting the pistons. Or the fact that they may end up being a useful tool in making a good engine combo. ( although the route you chose sounds questionable at best).

But to make it sound like improved piston ports are going to add any noticeable power...nah...not going to happen. Fact is they do allow SOME extra mixture in..but the majority drops in under the skirt ..not through those two little holes. Playing with enlarging them has been tried over and over , in all different manners, and any "real world" gains have yet to be definitely proven.

You'd find more power gains ditching the stock head and focusing on proper dome design, than opening piston windows ..any day of the week.

who said they are enlarged? they are not enlarged they are re-located to get the incoming charge "under" the piston sooner, it would be called advancing the intake, and all it will do is ad a noticeable improvement, any movement after BDC that the crank moves with the intake port closed in any fashion will result in lost HP. those full skirt piston carpet man is using will negate 10HP.

anyone using a 795 in a 4 mill LR has to change the head from stk.anyway, or space up the cylinder .080 and totally ruin transfer port timing so to do it right the dome is gonna be changed its inevitable, with these you can do 1 of 2 things space the cylinder only .040 which is better than .080. or best case scenario run the piston up into the head .040 leave the transfer port timing where it's suppose to be and then you look in the intake and find a piston with "stk" not enlarged piston windows that have been raised 10mm to start the intake charge that much sooner will will result in good power gains, you can put a 795 in your bike or you can put these in 1 will make more power is all, both made by Wiseco. Reminds me of when Vitos made the power piston with more material on the top which made a bit more compression which made more power, simple swap that made a difference., this is the same thing

I understand what you're saying. .and I used the wrong term "enlarged" I should have used the term " re-timed or re located".

The principle is the same though. Only so much of the intake charge passes through those two little holes compared to what passes under the skirt...it is a negligible gain at best. I'm not knocking the changes made, but to say you'll gain 7hp from those piston port mods/changes is a pipe dream. Especially in the context of which it was said ( going from a 795 in a setup LR 4mm stroker to these).

I'm all for improvements that'll make us go fast ..New ideas etc. But I think there's more gains to be had in places other than piston skirt ports/openings.

• Like 1

If the whole window is raised it'll open later. If it is elongated then it'll open sooner.

Now saying pistons with no port windows as a 10 hp loss is absurd. Do you understand how fuel is drawn into the motor and the charge moved around?

Are you just slapping these in with no porting and expecting 7-8 hp because of moved windows?

I like donuts

I understand what you're saying. .and I used the wrong term "enlarged" I should have used the term " re-timed or re located".

The principle is the same though. Only so much of the intake charge passes through those two little holes compared to what passes under the skirt...it is a negligible gain at best. I'm not knocking the changes made, but to say you'll gain 7hp from those piston port mods/changes is a pipe dream. Especially in the context of which it was said ( going from a 795 in a setup LR 4mm stroker to these).

I'm all for improvements that'll make us go fast ..New ideas etc. But I think there's more gains to be had in places other than piston skirt ports/openings.

see that is where you have never tried it and can't comprehend it, you honestly believe yourself and you are totally wrong, again going from a "795 to these is a better alternative" there are gains to be made in other places but as you do not have a CNC a Mill a Dyno a lathe or porting tools it's gonna be hard for you to make improvements so to say these are not an improvement speaks volumes for you.

see that is where you have never tried it and can't comprehend it, you honestly believe yourself and you are totally wrong, again going from a "795 to these is a better alternative" there are gains to be made in other places but as you do not have a CNC a Mill a Dyno a lathe or porting tools it's gonna be hard for you to make improvements so to say these are not an improvement speaks volumes for you.

except that's where you're wrong. This has already been done. 18+ yrs ago.... albeit it was on "shelf" pistons off of other production machines. We tried cutting windows in solid skirt pistons in various locations ...guess what ... 1hp MAYBE. Granted the engines were only in the 75-85hp range at that time.

So try again .

If the whole window is raised it'll open later. If it is elongated then it'll open sooner.

Now saying pistons with no port windows as a 10 hp loss is absurd. Do you understand how fuel is drawn into the motor and the charge moved around?

Are you just slapping these in with no porting and expecting 7-8 hp because of moved windows?

the window is raised so it opens "SOONER" if it's elongated then the duration is longer, and you may be right on the 10 HP if its modified it will be more than that maybe 15HP, do you think Yamaha put those in there for no reason? those pistons carpetman has look to be out of an R5 which is a piston port motor, a banshee has reeds, that thing will run like crap, but carpetman will never get it running anyway!

except that's where you're wrong. This has already been done. 18+ yrs ago.... albeit it was on "shelf" pistons off of other production machines. We tried cutting windows in solid skirt pistons in various locations ...guess what ... 1hp MAYBE. Granted the engines were only in the 75-85hp range at that time.

So try again .

you are so full of shit its funny, this is what I'm gonna do just "because I can", I will put a 795 with spacer plate into a bike and dyno it "because I can", then I'll remove the spacer plate CNC a dome for 2 mil run up, "because I can" then I will install a .060 Base and run the new ones then I will CNC a 1 mil dome "because I can" and run it again all documented and filmed on the Dyno. just "because I can"

Nobody is saying they serve no purpose. ..can't you read and comprehend? People are just telling you that your claims of 7+hp over a properly build 795 engine are a pipe dream.

Once again...nit knocking the pistons. .just your claims of these hp gains just from a piston window.

But anyway. .feel free to bash or insult my intelligence , I don't care. I know what I've done and what works .You take the last word , run what you want, say what you want, imply what you want .