new Wiseco 4 mil pistons?

Somethings getting off track here. These were touted as a way of dropping in a 4mil crank with no porting, no head machining, no aftermarket head and no spacer plate. Now you're CNCing domes?

Here's an easier challenge for you. Put those pistons in with your .060" base gasket and post the port timings and squish clearance.

Somethings getting off track here. These were touted as a way of dropping in a 4mil crank with no porting, no head machining, no aftermarket head and no spacer plate. Now you're CNCing domes?

Here's an easier challenge for you. Put those pistons in with your .060" base gasket and post the port timings and squish clearance.

you are off track as usual, these pistons have a 6mil offset pin location, a 795 is 5mil offset so we still need to accommodate for 1mm, we can do 1 of 2 things we can run a stock banshee head with a .060 base! raising the transfers only 1 mil instead of 2 so thats a win situation, but a better scenario is (because I can) machine a dome with a 1 mil step in it and run a .020 base gasket kjeeping the transfers down where they need to be. are we getting this  

Sometimes you make sense and sometimes you are so far out in left field you can't even find the ball. Raising the cylinder 2 mm results in the EXACT same port timings as raising the cylinder 1 mm and using your "special" piston with a 1 mm lower piston top. Until you can back up any of your claims with port timing numbers, or dyno charts, you are just another backwoods, hillbilly bench racer.

you are off track as usual, these pistons have a 6mil offset pin location, a 795 is 5mil offset so we still need to accommodate for 1mm, we can do 1 of 2 things we can run a stock banshee head with a .060 base! raising the transfers only 1 mil instead of 2 so thats a win situation, but a better scenario is (because I can) machine a dome with a 1 mil step in it and run a .020 base gasket kjeeping the transfers down where they need to be. are we getting this  

I thought you originally said that this was a drop in piston, no porting, etc.........?

really, really, we are comparing apples to apples, not ported motors over these...pay attention, if you pull your 795's out and run these you will see a HP gain if set up the correct way!

I am un biased but I think you are a little bit lofty in the gains to be had. These are sweet because I'm not a fan of putting the piston out of he top of the bore nor is it a good idea to put that fucking plate under he cylinder due to what it does with transfers. These are gonna be beneficial once some competent builders start messing with them, but I don't see any builders just setting their motors up with these pistons and making those gains over their current 795 style set ups/combos. Trust me guys like Cam at redline or Brandon at wild card, aren't gonna just discover a new 7-10 hp gain. They will see earlier power, torque and maybe 1-2 more peak if that over their current combos.

Solution, I won't sit here and talk shit but I will offer to come down to the flog session and help you do the testing. I'm not far away and would love to come see exactly what these things will do. I'd be willing to turn wrenches till 4 in the AM if that's what it takes to get it all ran on the dyno. Let me know.

no!!!! I'm NOT TELLING YOU THAT, He put 795 pistons in them because until recently he had no option! now you have a better alternative than the 795, why is this so hard to understand, you still get to run the piston up into the head and you have a raised intake so it will draw sooner and more which is a good thing, contrary to what most think on here. put those pistons in in place of those 795's deduct .040 from the squish in the domes and you'll gain HP! I too have a dyno and will do the same, to compare to my motor against yours is unfair, now put these in your  motor and you'll find 5 more HP and say oh now I get it, its piston against piston not motor against motor,

Well isn't that a gem.

I'll tell you what.  When you provide quantifiable evidence that proves that these work, let us know.  The only way that I can see these making 7-10 more hp is if the engine is turbocharged or if you're running pipes that are designed for an extra 200-300cc per cylinder larger than what you're actual displacement is.  Again, I want to see these in action because I doubt that either is the case.  Well, I can see where the latter would be the case.  "Blah blah, I'm running 800cc pipes on my 370 4 mil." 

Also, how about we discuss things in a logical, thought out manner that isn't riddled with miserably failed insults and that actually has some sort of punctuation so that we don't confuse your attempts to tell someone that they can't use a CNC machine with you actually conveying that you just watched someone use a CNC machine this one time and you came up with a cool idea (which has likely been tried and dis-proven), which is giving you the piss-poor reason to act like you're basically at the level of a formula one senior powertrain engineer.  Oh wait...

I'll be waiting for you to either logically explain your reasoning or to show us proof, such as a dyno run video that also shows you taking the pistons out.  Surely the face of south street speed shop can disassemble a Banshee engine in what, 30-45 minutes? 

Oh, and props for the next level of professionalism.  No uppercase letters in a 4 word company name screams attention to detail.  Good thing that this engine building stuff hasn't started demanding things like precision, professionalism, correct piston selection, or even a reason to pick this piston over that one. 

I am un biased but I think you are a little bit lofty in the gains to be had. These are sweet because I'm not a fan of putting the piston out of he top of the bore nor is it a good idea to put that fucking plate under he cylinder due to what it does with transfers. These are gonna be beneficial once some competent builders start messing with them, but I don't see any builders just setting their motors up with these pistons and making those gains over their current 795 style set ups/combos. Trust me guys like Cam at redline or Brandon at wild card, aren't gonna just discover a new 7-10 hp gain. They will see earlier power, torque and maybe 1-2 more peak if that over their current combos.

Solution, I won't sit here and talk shit but I will offer to come down to the flog session and help you do the testing. I'm not far away and would love to come see exactly what these things will do. I'd be willing to turn wrenches till 4 in the AM if that's what it takes to get it all ran on the dyno. Let me know.

Banshee HP is coming to the test thanks.

I thought you originally said that this was a drop in piston, no porting, etc.........?

with a .060 base it is drop in...I personally won't do that, I like to run it up into the head a mil "because I can" but 95%of the people on here that have a list of everything they bought for their Banshee so they can't just fire up a machine and cut what they need, but you all know "I can"...

Well isn't that a gem.

I'll tell you what.  When you provide quantifiable evidence that proves that these work, let us know.  The only way that I can see these making 7-10 more hp is if the engine is turbocharged or if you're running pipes that are designed for an extra 200-300cc per cylinder larger than what you're actual displacement is.  Again, I want to see these in action because I doubt that either is the case.  Well, I can see where the latter would be the case.  "Blah blah, I'm running 800cc pipes on my 370 4 mil." 

Also, how about we discuss things in a logical, thought out manner that isn't riddled with miserably failed insults and that actually has some sort of punctuation so that we don't confuse your attempts to tell someone that they can't use a CNC machine with you actually conveying that you just watched someone use a CNC machine this one time and you came up with a cool idea (which has likely been tried and dis-proven), which is giving you the piss-poor reason to act like you're basically at the level of a formula one senior powertrain engineer.  Oh wait...

I'll be waiting for you to either logically explain your reasoning or to show us proof, such as a dyno run video that also shows you taking the pistons out.  Surely the face of south street speed shop can disassemble a Banshee engine in what, 30-45 minutes? 

I will don't recall over 7 HP anywhere in my answer's you decided to get it up to 10, I do have a picture with me on a turbo so I have ridden a Turbo, but no we'll just compare the SAME PORTED ENGINE WITH 2 DIFFERENT PISTON COMBO"S, WITH THE SAME REEDS, SAME CARBS,SAME PIPES, SAME SQUISH, SAME SQUISH BAND WIDTH, and as CLOSE AS WE CAN ON COMPRESSION and no it doesnt take me that long to swap Banshee parts

you cannot do anything in a logical manner there are so many kids on here that are just clueless, hell a Moderator is a clown, I said in the first post it has a 6 mil offset pin! right there anyone with a clue would have said" ok thats good go on! then I said it has a 10 mil raised intake! holy shit another clue, but no right over your head,then some dbag with his motor on the carpet asking about a steel clutch basket! the stupidity on here is amazing, they need a place for them to go on here to talk like idiots and leave technical stuff alone, including the ones with big words acting smart..