Methonal

i think theres many uses for methanol besides fuel. automotive grade is what you want. i highly doubt thats what they sell at your homedepot. they dont sell it at home depot in the USA that ive ever seen. race tracks or fuel distributors normally always have it or can get it. you better do some research first. typically you mix it with castor and need your fuel system set up for it. plus if you get it on your hand you go blind :ph34r:

Edited by registered user

Bunch of fu*€ing jokers. What Did u know about alcohol when u first decided to use it. Thanks to those with the real advice.

I fucking remember why I stopped asking asking questions around here.

Well let's see I had a knowledgeable person help me with my set up in person and learned from there. I sure as shit didn't buy methanol from Home Depot.

Sent by me FFS from Tapacrap

If you knew  it all, you wouldn't have to ask.

I know nothing more than meth is meth (chemically). But I bet a piece of yo old lady's ass that cheapo  depo meth and "racing" meth are two different things.

That's like saying weedwacker oil is just as good as Klotz (enter "your" fav)

OR prove us (me) wrong. Get a couple gal and some whacker oil and tell us how you did.

Why is it setup for Methanol? Is it an all out drag bike? Your looking for M1, when purging with gas you will know ASAP when the gas starts burning. It will get boggy and you will have to full throttle it to keep it running. It won't run good enough on gas to ride it. If you have easier access to 112 or so octane I'd set it up for that.

We bracket race asphalt and have the benefit of seeing performance changes from our ET slips. Because of home delivery convenience we've run more VP than anything but have used others though the years. Most methanol is just plain old 99.95% pure methanol alcohol and because of that we've not seen any one that's faster than another. I say go with whatever is easiest to get in your area and has the best price. If you stick with a reputable brand like VP, Torco, Renegade etc you'll be OK. What I've found is that a sealed pail or drum from any of the brand names will likely be fresh and 100% uncontaminated. Only twice have I ever got lousy fuel. Once from Ashland Oil that many of the local dirt track racers use (just didn't run well). Donated over a half a drum to our home track to use as "wash" alcohol. And once from a Sunoco distributor who filled from bulk that had a bunch of particles in the bottom of my can.

FYI - VP steel drums are lined and if kept sealed and off the floor your fuel will last a LONG time.