base gasket thickness question, k&n sizing questions.

ok my crank seal went out so my motors with my builder having him fix all the little shit too basically replacing everything thats worn out or almost worn out lol doin it like you should, but what size base gasket do i get? ss lr crank blaster pistons 66mm bore, cool head with 17cc domes. and Im trying to buy new air filters but what size do i need for 33mm carbs? any links? also to the right outerwear sizes for them? going to outfmae pipes so I wanted to run bigger then average filters.

Your builder should have access to all that. Unless it's not a shop.

In that case, get on the phone with a builder that you can ask and order the gasket from.

I have k&n I got from cam. I have 35 pwk but he sold me the size for 39 because of there size and fit and my motor.

Jeff and Cody get shit done fast at FAST! They have just about anything you could want for about any combo you want. Tell them you want 8-10" filters and what carbs they are for. They will do the rest.

As far as your base gasket, I usually have about 6-7 different gaskets and I like to just drop the jugs on with out the head to see which gasket puts the piston where it should be in relation to the ports. Then find the deck height and order the domes to go off of that.

Since you have domes.(you're sure they are for this motor?) maybe you can bolt the cylinders on and the head. Squish test it, and calculate what the difference should be. Ultimately that's more like guessing as you need to be sure the gasket is putting the cylinders where they need to be for optimum set up not just to fudge a squish number. When calculating, remember different gasket materials squish down some. So if you mic a gasket at say .025, it may smush down to .020

• Like 1