Determining model year

I am in the market to buy a quad, specifically a Banshee.

I found one in my area that is being called a 2006. It had a fairly low price which alarmed me from the start.

I talked to the guy and he has said he's taking a hit on the price because it is a "special construction" title.

Finally I got him on the phone.

He is the second owner. He won't tell me why the original owner changed the frame as he says he doesn't know. He said it was bought from Yamaha and obviously does not come with a VIN. Hence the title.

He is very adamant that it is an 06.

I am not sure but it looks to be in good condition, and he's giving me a smoking deal on it. But I'm still wary on pulling the trigger before I can definitely say its a 2006.

gura4uqu.jpg

ebu3u4e9.jpg

6yhysy8u.jpg

ganusara.jpg

Please let me know of you can help out. I will be going to look at it Saturday. However, the guy will send me any numbers I ask for prior to traveling to check out out.

Thanks

AC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

As far as I know all stock frames have vins on frame near left side pegs. If its removed it may be stolen. Have him show you a receipt for his purchase from Yamaha make a copy of it and his ID if you buy it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I am not 100 percent, but I thought in Arizona after 2008 everything had to be plated... I'll have to do more research. Just generally searching for a "special construction" title and I see people talk about new frames that don't have VIN from the manufacturer. But I have never bought one so I can't confirm.

As far as stolen goes, he has a title and it's plated and in his name. He's the second owner.

He has simply stated that the aftermarket frames don't come with a VIN. The original owner did the work, took it to the DMV and they do a level 3 inspection. Then they slap a Vin on it that matches the title.

I was wondering if there are any case numbers on motor or maybe other parts on the quad that I could reference. Maybe I could at the very least narrow down a year range it could be.

Hp2000, I have tried searching around for the color schemes. Do you know how I could validate specifically that red/black/white was only 2000?

Thanks for the pointers, definitely the stuff im looking for. If anyone can provide a picture of some of these "new style" connectors that would be awesome...as I have no clue what I'm to be looking for.

All Banshees after about 2002 had a brake light. New Hampshire had a brake light earlier than that though. To look for the brake light, 1st look at the taillight. It will be about 3" tall and the lens will be about 2" deep. The earlier one will be about 1 1/2" tall and 1/2" deep. The front brake light switch is in the front master cylinder. The rear switch is bolted to the right frame tube and has a steel rod and spring going down to the rear brake pedal.

The case number doesn't have any association to the vin#, but there is a number range of case numbers for each year.

You wouldn't happen to have that number range would ya?

Anyone?

And thanks for the help, good stuff right there for sure.

Good info on this page

http://www.motorcityatv.com/how-do-you-know-what-year-banshee-you-have/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk