Need Help Asap, Fuel Petcock Problem

I literally made this account just now so i could have some help, so, got my banshee a few weeks ago, my first & definetly only kind of quad. I was just trying to clean it, & shine everything up, & stupid 15 year old me, i UNSCREW the petcock with a full tank of gas & i take it off & it starts pissing gas. I dropped the screws, found one & put it on & cant find the other screw ANYWHERE, one screw still isnt cutting it, i put a screwdriver in there to hold the petcock on there, its turned to off, i didnt put the o ring back in though because i needed to plug the hole asap. Its going to have to sit like that for 18 hours maybe even days like that, is the gas going to get into the carbs & eventually cylinders ruining my baby???

Edited by YamahahCya

LMAO!!!! Sorry, but that's the funniest thing I have heard today. If I were you, I would drain the tank. Pull the hose off the fuel tee and poke it into the spout of a gas can. Put it on reserve and drain away. You could put a towel on the top of the motor to catch the spills. Just don't catch the towel on fire somewhere. Once the tank is empty, then you can deal with properly reinstalling the petcock.

Of coarse, keep track of what's premixed and what's not. You don't wanna be melting down the motor with unmixed gas.

Edited by Starwriter

or pull the tank off the bike, hold the vent hose up so it and the petcock are the highest point, block it up on the floor like that.

but to answer your question, no it won't ruin your engine. The off valve is for transporting the bike so the carbs don't overflow. even if they do it will still just run on the floor. assuming your seats are good you will be fine.

But really, grab a can and drain it. You should have a Banshee only gas can anyway.

Lmao starwriter, its ok just no smoking in there for a while. I looked for 15min straight for that screw though even moved the thing & still couldnt find it! Maybe itll be easier to spot when there isnt a puddle of mix on the floor bahaha. & yeah 35:1 canister just for the shee. Thanks tho guys thats a lot of weight off my back. I was plannin on registering for a banshee forum & with all the quick helpful replies, its gonna be Banshee HQ!

Edited by YamahahCya

Now that the emergency is averted, let me say, Welcome to BHQ. The best Banshee forum on the planet. Even though some of the adult humor here is comparable to what you would hear in a high school locker room, there really are a lot of very knowledgeable guys here.

That screw is sitting in the drain area on the top of your engine cases.