V-force Or

SCOTT PRESSLEY

Hey broke you have a Rz motor thats goota be sick wit the power valves.. is there a big difference with the power valves versus the regular banshee motor?? well anyways back to my opinion about the reeds... i vote v force... sure they are expensive but not compared to most mods and they give you one hell of a snap... also you can get them for like 195 dollars brand new off ebay....

I had ported stock cages with carbon fiber reeds in both of my banshees. One was stock carbs, stock ports, 19cc domes, Pro-circuit pipes for trail. The other was FTZ ported 350cc with 34PJ's, and CPI's for flat track. I switched the trail bike over to the V-force cages first. The difference was almost as great as the difference in stock and ported cages. The bottom end response was absolutely impressive. I immediately got a set for the race bike. The idle was crisper as well as throttle response. I actually had to turn the idle screws out on both bikes just from the reed change. The bike with Pro-circuits made such smooth power on the bottom to mid, it was the perfect tight trail banshee motor.

I've had the V-forces for a couple of years now, the only thing about them I don't like is the price of replacing the reeds! I always set my reeds on the low setting to get better low end but it wears them out faster. They finally put in a disclaimer that putting them on the low marks do reduce reed life.