V-force Or

SCOTT PRESSLEY

Ok my question is which one is better for MX v-force or ported cages withTDR reeds or any other reeds .motor mods are .20over ported,polished cylinders K+n filter modified air box 28mm carbs also ported.cool head with 15cc domes,procurcit pipes.Which one do ya think will work best

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Duece. how does you PC's run with delta reeds? Will the reeds take away some of the jumpiness that the PC's give? Sometimes when the powerband kicks in the pc's make the shee too jumpy and comtrol in tight areas can be hairy.

How do deltas affect pc pipes?

they work great i havnt tried a ported cage so i cant knock them......but the deltas add some throttle response to the pc's..... a high compression head helps alot too...until you get great porting i think youll fight getting lowend with any pipe...the paul turner mids help but lack a little pull on top....the pc's with a stock pilot and needle position with deltas come on pretty good......ive tried toomeys and ss't's with not as good as luck...... the pc's arnt fuel/air whores like the fmf's or toomeys, but add a few less hp as well, for the track pc's have done me good if your just fartin around in wide open spaces the t-5's and sst's or fattys could yeild more top end, but the PC can be a smooth pipe ive placed nicely with mine.......and smoked plenty of high end piped shee's

With the combination of my fatty's, 157psi, and boyeson rad valve. My 'shee has the smoothest pull of ANY 'shee i've ever ridden w/ similar mods. I had the opportunity to switch 'shees for 5 laps w/ a guy who had t5's. Let's just say I wanted back on mine by 1/2 through the second. For mx I would go w/:

Fatty's, pro circuits, mr.bills, ptr mids, sst's or 2:1 (in no particular order)

K&N setup w/ adapter plate (noss, pro-design etc..)

Delta's, boyeson, or ported cages(no experience w/ those)

With that motor and good chassis mods you could place 1st every weekend in the amatuer (A class) or pro (b class) circuit.

Mike

Thanks for the input.I looked at all the post on ported reed cages on here and decieded to try and port them myself.I'll let ya know how it turns out when I get it all together,the shee is in shee pieces right now but on it's way back together.

Thanks Scott

I will add one more vote to the V-force's. Rather expensive, but i "feel" they were worth it. Txblueshee, I thought I held the psuedo title of smoothest powerband, try stock carbs/V-Force, RZ motor and PTR mids. Longest, smoothest pull of any Banshee I've ridden.