Is this bent?

Just stripped my first Banshee to get it ready for pc. Noticed the tab next to the column bearing recess is at a angle. Its about 90 degrees to the floor so doesn't follow the line of the steering column. Its this correct? Or bent on impact? 

20140403_153430.jpg

20140403_153605.jpg

20140403_153615.jpg

That is your steering stop and yes it is bent. Very common problem use a big punch and a hammer and bend it back straight before you have it coated. 

Bent mine back last night. Ill gusset mine when i powder  the frame.

Pound it back as said, good to go or now.

Mine wasn't as bad, but still...

http://tapatalk.com/tapatalk_image.php?img=aHR0cDovL2ltZy50YXBhdGFsay5jb20vZC8xNC8wNC8wMy9vcmlnaW5hbC95cXl0YW1lOS5qcGc%3D

And if the sides are chewed up and worn....run a bead of weld down them. With any wear or bending on that stop, the wheels can flop far enough over that they can LOCK in that position.

Once you're done....go buy a basic stick style steering stabilizer. You don't want your wrists to ever feel the force that bent your steering stop.

^X2. Locked steering will definitely end up in an ugly crash. That steering stop is definitely smooshed on the edges.

Bend it back, weld up the edges, weld in a gusset. It doesn't take much of a gusset. I weld in a piece of 3/8" rod at an angle between the frame tube and the center of the steering stop, near the top.