Stroker pistons w/ 4mil short rod

I was just checking. The reason being with the stock pistons, the bottom of the skirt comes real close to opening up the bottom exhaust port. With a shorter piston it would probably give more over-lap, and I wouldn't need to take anything out of the domes to make up for the extra 2 mm of upswing as well.

By shorter piston I mean a raised pin...

You seriously can't figure this out?

There is no such thing as a stroker piston.

Only a long rod piston which has a 5mm pin offset.

Do the math and calculate how far below the deck the piston will be.

Hint: 3mm

So compression ratio will suck baaaaaaaad.

At BDC the piston will be 7mm below the ports

Still think this is a logical build?

Yeah, the original question I had was because I didn't know what the offset is. Wiseco's site is pretty vague...

So anyway, I got the answer I was looking for. I left some details about what I was dealing with, and my concerns about it. I'm always looking for a better way to do things.

Oh, I stand corrected... long rod piston... not stroker piston...

short rod 4 mill crank. 795 series piston no spacer plate. mock motor check squish clearance. check porting

Thank you Cam!

That's exactly what I'm doing... getting rid of the spacer, and doing the mock up to check the port timings as soon as I get everything back. Hoping I can just shave the cylinders to zero deck, and work the domes for the correct squish.

Won't the skirts hit the crank at BDC with 110 rods and 795 pistons?

See, now that's what I was wondering too. I just measured with the stock piston dropped 4.5mm, and it does hang out of the bottom of the cylinder a bit, but not much. Figure the safe way is just to get a used 795 piston and fit it up