Banshee won't start

ftball86

More then likely yes, stock is 125-130 so its better then stock compression which would leave me to believe you either have a cool head or a milled head. depending on what domes it has or how much was milled off the head. But for instance if you had 18cc domes and you only had 140 compression then obviously thats low compared to the 197psi it should be with those domes at sea level.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it way too rich, it won't idle, have to keep a little throttle just to keep it running. If I put my hand behind exhaust it turns black from oil, and if I pull the choke it kills it. I will pull carbs tomorrow and figure out what number jets I have installed and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is the altitude where you bought the bike and what is the altitude of where it is now that you are working on it and riding? if you moved the bike to a considerably higher altitude then that may be the issue and it may need smaller jets then installed. If this is not the case it may still like a/f screws turned out more to achieve a good idle. Its hard to give the exact a/f fuel settings with out being hands on and actually tuning them and listening to the engine.You say it doesn't like to idle? how did it idle before cleaning the carbs? did it ever idle well?