J arm suspension set up

salmon_slayer06

Nice banshee. Good color scheme. What did you do for the brake lines? Did the stock ones reach? Looks like you routed them underneath the j arm. I did get the arms in today. I inspected each one and was impressed with the quality welds, paint job and how much stronger they look compared to the stockers. PLUS I can now change out my own ball joints!!!!! And they did come with the longer tie rods also powder coated. The arms came with new bushings installed. This set me back 400. I was able to get a deal on them.

I got several different quotes from $375-$475 for recreational use J arms from sponsors here.(not weaker drag style) depending on raw or PC. i have also seen a couple facebook posts of people making an offer to pay less and them accept it so $400 isn't unheard of.

thats what I did. Hoping not too sink too much into this quad. I'd rather use that money for going up riding. It gets expensive just to do that. Not just a few times but every weekend in the summer. I buy the bel ray by the box!

Edited by salmon_slayer06

• 2 weeks later...

I used my stock brake lines. Just re routed them. Thanks for the compliments on the shee.

One of these days I wll get you some close up shots. Good choice on the arms. Did you get the rebuildable fireball balljoints?

Nice banshee. Good color scheme. What did you do for the brake lines? Did the stock ones reach? Looks like you routed them underneath the j arm. I did get the arms in today. I inspected each one and was impressed with the quality welds, paint job and how much stronger they look compared to the stockers. PLUS I can now change out my own ball joints!!!!! And they did come with the longer tie rods also powder coated. The arms came with new bushings installed. This set me back 400. I was able to get a deal on them.

just get longer brake lines.  the stainless makes for a pretty much one finger brake too. i mean they are like 60 bucks these days!

if you have the older big front brakes those do take different lines  just so you know. 

• 4 weeks later...

just get longer brake lines.  the stainless makes for a pretty much one finger brake too. i mean they are like 60 bucks these days!

if you have the older big front brakes those do take different lines  just so you know. 

How do I tell? I been waiting for this warmer weather to start working on it.

the early calipers were much bigger pads.  on braided lines with these calipers they are one finger brakes..  the lines screw directly into the calipers.  easy to see in those pics.

• 1 month later...

I'm happy with fireballs service BTW. Good people there. I ended up getting the speedlinez for the banshee. They are 2 lines that join at the master cylinder with one long banjo bolt. Today I contacted Elka about the stage 3 kit. Can't wait for those. I haven't put anything together yet. Its killing me. I have just as much fun working on the quad as I do riding it. But nothing beats ringing her out on a long run back to the truck to end a weekend of riding.

I'll have to update my sig once all said and done. Both machines have had some work done......

Edited by salmon_slayer06

• 3 months later...