Broken piston on right bank

Is it a stock stroke cub ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are those cub cylinders??

OP- You say the crank is stock stroke but the cases have been trenched for clearance??? More pics? And your spark plug wasnt "vibrating" loose. That is detonation and that is bad bad. Send that motor out to Redline, passion, fast or somebody to be rebuilt and tuned so it doesnt blow up again if youre not knowledgable on them.

OP- You say the crank is stock stroke but the cases have been trenched for clearance??? More pics? And your spark plug wasnt "vibrating" loose. That is detonation and that is bad bad. Send that motor out to Redline, passion, fast or somebody to be rebuilt and tuned so it doesnt blow up again if youre not knowledgable on them.

^This^,

Doesn't make two shits what the pistons say, they are junk and going in the trash anyway. You can replace them with whatever you like after you find out what bore those cylinders are at or what size they need to be bored to. Me personally, I would go with wiseco pro-light pistons but there are other, cheaper options out there if you choose to go that route.

As far as your cylinders and crank go, send both of those items out to a site sponsored builder and let them check them out for you. Problem solved

I didn't say it was a stock stroke crank. I asked if someone would build an engine with a stroker crank and stock length rods. I have no idea what this engine was built with. I'm not the original owner.

Ok. The manual has been useless in identifying parts. Once I know what's it's built with. Then I can shop parts. I'm calling Vito's tomorrow to see about the head and domes. Then gotta call WSM about pistons. I've read that some of the wrist pin heights are different. So don't wanna buy wrong parts. It ran like a raped ape. So I'll put it back with same part specs.

^This^,

Doesn't make two shits what the pistons say, they are junk and going in the trash anyway. You can replace them with whatever you like after you find out what bore those cylinders are at or what size they need to be bored to.

may be wrong but i believe wsm and wiseco have different dome profiles so switching piston may require different domes.

I don't know how many options there are for pistons with the wrist pins at different heights for stock rods. I could be wrong, but from what I've found so far is there could be interference issues with the crank and piston skirt. All the stroker pistons I've found revolve around long rod strokers.

I know it would help me too if I had solid info about the different pistons, but for me I'm ok with stock height pistons, and then chucking the cyl spacer, doing some porting, and getting domes for the stroker. In the future I believe it will give me the option of going long rod if I roach a main with minimal investment in parts.

Wsm and wiseco forged have same profile

"Blaster pistons (Wiseco 573M6800) have a different dome angle than the WSM.

So make sure you have a set of domes cut for the WSM piston dome, NOT the wiseco dome."

and "as they all said it depends on what piston your motor is using now. If its a blaster piston you are using the banshee piston will be completely wrong. Those two pistons have a different pin to crown height as well as degree dome. With the WSMs also make sure you gap the rings, they might only be 5 to 8 thous, I gap mine .012".

getting the info from http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125543

Edited by dozer