Backfiring

Went out to the shop. Kicked it about five times and it fired right up. Ran for about three minutes like a dream. Then it dies. Kicked it until leg is sore and nothing then Kick it again about five minutes later and fires right back up. Runs for a few minutes then dies. This time can't get it to fire back up. Any thoughts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out and tried again and put new plugs in and kicked fifty times and if fired up. Ran for a minute or two rapped out real nice and clean. Then it bogged out and died again. I'm trying to get it to run so I can sync the carbs(sync tool). They sound fine now just want to tune it in. I'm ready to give up

Edit: also double checked pickup gap and checked for fuel in the bowls as soon as it bogged out

Its something simple. When it does not fire, check for spark. If you got no spark, check all grounds. Pull boots off plug wires and cut a 1/4 inch off of wire and put boot back on. 

If you got spark and it wont fire, try removing pods, open throttle wide open, then with some type squirt bottle, shoot a nice dose of gas through carbs. release throttle, turn kill switch to run and try it

Its something simple. When it does not fire, check for spark. If you got no spark, check all grounds. Pull boots off plug wires and cut a 1/4 inch off of wire and put boot back on.

If you got spark and it wont fire, try removing pods, open throttle wide open, then with some type squirt bottle, shoot a nice dose of gas through carbs. release throttle, turn kill switch to run and try it

When it bogs out I pulled the plugs and checked for fire. It's still firing. I agree it's something simple. I will try the squirt bottle when it bogs out again. I was wondering if those carb rebuild kits are crappy and are causing me problems

Freshy fresh fuel? Premium fuel is going bad REALLY FAST lately.

You can't tell how long it was in the ground. (Premium is selling less often in this down economy, so it sits longer)

We had a guy who bought gas and rode....then the following weekend it needed a pull start to fire.

Try fresh gas.