Should I buy?

I wouldn't buy it. Sounds like a money pit. In about 2 weeks you will be tired of the performance of a bone stock bike and be faced with the challenge of spending thousands on your cheap Banshee. I only buy bikes that have significantly more value in aftermarket parts than the selling price of the bike.

However, if you only have $1200 to spend, buy it now and pay more later.

You have to start somewhere if it's what your into, I agree with starwriter banshees are expensive to upgrade but if your a do it yourself guy then you will be alright. It would make a nice toy but I would for sure talk the price down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with most of the other posters. even if you can get it cheap it will be a money pit. If i had to do it over again and definitely from now on, no more "cheap banshee's" your better served to find a bike for $3000-$5000 that has many aftermarket parts and the owner has $5000-$10000 invested wihch he would never get back as a whole bike and just wants what he can get for it. Unless you just cant come up with that sort of money and want something as a starter but just assume that your going to put a ton of money into it 2x what ever high dollar amount your thinking of throwing at it really. Always cheaper to by some one else's baby then build your own. i learned that the hardway myself, now $5000 into mine ive seen several bikes prettier and built better for less then what i have into my own by far.

edit $5000 was an off the cuff answer, i hadnt really added it up but this post made me do so unfortunately.  I quit looking for money spent once i hit $5800 and im sure i could find a few $100's in miscellaneous items i didnt add in there.

• Like 2

I paid around $1300 for my first banshee was awesome. Was originally suppose to be for the g/f but she didn't like it. Needed to be jetted but ran great after that beat it for about a year before going to a 4mil Got another $3k into it but that's over 4 years now . Then paid $4k for one I have never got a good weekend out of it.. If it is a good running decent bike I don't see why it wouldn't be worth it

First bike i bought was an 89 i overpaid admittedly for 1700  but it was nice looking with some bolt ons. Added  new pipes, put in a new clutch, refreshened top end, bought some paddles and i was at 2500 2 months later. just depends if stock is good enough for ya. I Also bought a 2000 for a great price. $1000 cause the owner thought it needed a trans. it was a smoked clutch. Also it was bone stock not a single aftermarket part on it but excellent condition. Now after making it a 421 with shearer's. +4 swinger durablue extended axle, new tires all the way around. long travel a arms and elkas all the way around ive got $5800 into it and thats being very conservative on numbers and that wasnt even all brand new parts nor have i finished. i see 4 mills all the time in the 2800 to 4000 range and Ive seen alot of nice bikes go for much less then what i have into mine. But to each they're own every ones entitled to their opinion. Alot of the fun for me is researching what i need and buying the parts to make it all work right.

This is what I would consider a good deal. I've gotten better deals though.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/sno/4297905948.html

I agree thats a descent deal. Unfortunately Ray/Minkia38/motorcity atv http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/for/4214590518.html  lives like 15miles from me and he buys every good deal banshee around me to part out. He has several adds posted on CL acting like diffrent people. I believe its also him who posts diffrent banshees often for an extremely low price and leaves no contact at all to drive the local market down.

Hadn't thought about Rattle Can Ray driving prices down with bogus adds. If a person is buying this works in your favor. If selling, so sorry.

What slays me is his ad wanting to trade his junk for all kinds of things. (comp won't copy/paste sorry)

I suggested "good deals" for O P.  It's all relative. Buy a cheap one and put your own bolt ons, or buy with bolt ons, comes to about same dollar.