Yamaha banshee won't move

Carter32ent

I took the clutch basket off and everything is installed correct now. Pin in shift star is in but still having same problem. It shifts out but won't move. Back tires roll if I push it even after I put it in gear. I can feel a little tension when it's in gear while pushing it but they should lock if in gear.

Check your drive sprocket, if the nut came off or the sprocket itself has spline or teeth issues then it will not move.

If all is well externally, it may be time to split your cases

Since you don't own a Clymer manual, it's going to take a lot more effort on your part to diagnose the problem. We can only point you in the general direction. From there, you have to figure it out. Something is holding the pressure plate away from the clutch discs. Either you didn't line up the arrow on the pressure plate, or the clutch is adjusted wrong, or the clutch ball is welded. With the pressure plate off, tip the bike to the right. The ball and pushrod should fall out onto the floor. (Warning: Make sure your clutch plates or basket don't hit the floor)If the ball and rod don't hit the floor, try removing them with a small magnet. If they still won't come out, it's time to split the cases.

Here' is what it looks like when the ball is welded to both the rod and the adjuster screw. If it's only welded to the pushrod, it may be welded to the inside of the tranny shaft.

rodandshaft003.jpg