Yamaha banshee won't move

Carter32ent

If you have checked clutch adjustment - check your drive sprocket? I had a buddy once parked his bike to rest out riding, we all started back up and he didnt move...nut came off of the shaft and the sprocket was off of the splines sitting on the threads. Went into gear fine, but with it off the splines it was a no go. Just a thought.

This how I installed it. I put clutch basket on then center hub. Put the washer in that bends and the another washer then the nut that goes on with air impact gun. Then installed clutch plates. First plate black then chrome clockwise pattern. Total of 7 black plates and 6 chrome then I put pressure plate on along with springs. My clutch plates have a little play In the from side to side as if it's a gap between plates and pressure plate.

Put the washer in that bends and the ANOTHER washer then the nut that goes on with air impact gun.

Huh? There is no "another washer" by the nut. The big thick washers go on BEFORE the basket and AFTER the basket. Then the inner hub goes on, then the bendover washer, then the nut. As mentioned above, make sure 1 of the arrows on the pressure plate lines up with the single dot on the INNER hub.

I took the clutch basket off and everything is installed correct now. Pin in shift star is in but still having same problem. It shifts out but won't move. Back tires roll if I push it even after I put it in gear. I can feel a little tension when it's in gear while pushing it but they should lock if in gear.