Got my Elka's today!

uman1030

Apparently The sales rep at Elka is somewhat of a douche-bag...I got a statement from the dealer about my shock issue. He told me that the only difference was the spring and he would send one out to me. Well being that in our original conversations he told me that i couldn't use my new shock on a stock swinger cause it was LONGER. I would have to use the stock shock until i got my new swinger. Being the skeptical person i am when the dealer told me in a later message the only difference was the spring rate. So i sent Elka a message asking them a couple questions, if this was true? What should be the spring preload for new spring +4 swinger and if they could update the serial # in there database to reflect that it was set up for a +4. Also I didn't name the dealer or try and throw any one under the bus i just wanted to make sure i wasn't being lied to as i paid a hefty amount for these shocks. (more then i paid for the Banshee itself).

There reply was short and sweet and he didnt even answer all my questions he was too busy Tattling on me to read the whole message i sent i guess. Hi thank you for contacting us. This dealers name wouldn't happen to be (insert dealers name) Yes this is correct we have shipped out your new spring this is your tracking #.. I look at the email and noticed they forwarded all of the conversation to said dealer ( the original inquiry about if the dealer was being honest about shock or not). I feel like that was super unprofessional as i was basically asking Elka if the dealer was lying to me. Last time i buy an Elka product ever. On the other hand i was glad to find out the dealer was honest and i will do business with them again. I will be putting fox Shox on later builds!

I cant say they didn't offer good support, I did receive my new spring today so they shipped it out fast with like 2 day shipping. I just didn't like the fact he forwarded my email to some one i didn't even name in my email to notify them obviously i was inquiring about their honesty. I was definitely glad to find out everything i was told was true but i think it was completely unprofessional of them to forward my inquiries on the subject.

Yann Guilbeault

Sales Representative was the email contact

curious if they will update my shock serial # to show its for a +4. That question he did not answer.

And now to figure out a way to switch springs with out completely scratching up any of it.. Assuming i will use a spring compressor, maybe i can find one with a rubber coating on the arms or just use a rag to protect it from scratching the paint.

ru4a6usy.jpg

qatyzebe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

In elkas defense he originally asked for stock length then changed to +4 yes it was acknowledged but maybe the wrong paper got sent over to the shop.... they deal with more than 1 customer at a time im sure, atleast they didn't refuse to fix the mishap.... the email thing who knows why they did that? could be several reasons but it does look unprofessional. my .02 cents

Edited by willaduncan