idling question

Mattchev

whats up guys, i picked up a really cheap 89 banshee recently. motor was just rebuilt, starts up in like one kick. has fmf pipes and has the trinity 2 to 1 carb setup.  When quad starts up and when in neutral, there seems to be a slight bog when i hit the throttle to rev it, and it also does not idle--i have to keep giving it gas. What can i do to get more response from throttle and how can i get it to idle?

probably a stupid question here.. have you adjusted the idle? set airscrew properly? looked at pilot jet size? if the airscrew is set properly yet it still has a slight bog off idle try a larger pilot.

Well thats kinda hard to say have you checked the basics spark, compression, ect.... If it has been sitting a lot or for an extended period of time it may very well be the carbs and cleaning them may solve your running problems .

had trouble getting it to idle...had screw all the way in on the carb and was still dieing when i let off the throttle.  so i took the screw all the way out and cut a little bit off of the spring that was keeping it from screwing in any further and as soon as i did that, it is idling perfect. just needed to get that screw in a little deeper.  still a slight bog when hitting the throttle and when i give it a lot of throttle, it doesnt sound like it revs at high as it should. got a 52 pilot and 180 main jet..gonna try going up on the pilot to get this thing sounding right.

Ditch the single carb, and put dual carbs on it.... They are lazy on the bottom with a single carb, duals will make it more responsive...