86 RZ 350 will 03 Banshee flywheel and stator fit ?

yellorzle

Will a 03 banshee flywheel and stator fit on my 86 rz motor ? I have a 86 harness to match but wont have the money to buy the rest of the parts to complete it until summer and really just want to get it runing until then ! Any help would be Great ! Thanks

No, Banshee flywheel and stator is vastly different than RZ350. Also, different years of RZ350 flywheels and stators are different from other years. You'll have to do some research to figure out which years work on your 86.

Here you are. I found the interchange information.

http://www.rzrd500.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=6345&highlight=electrical+swap

Edited by Starwriter

What i wanna do is just run my banshee wire harness until i get the rest of my rz stuff. What if i was to get a 87 banshee flywheel ? The link shows what parts i need to run a rz wireharness, wounder if the flywheel from the 86 rz is the same as the 87 banshee ? I guess i can always rip it apart and find out i was just hoping somone might know. There doesnt seem to be alot of info around on this. Thanks for the reply!!

All RZ350 flywheels are different than Banshee flywheels. The only way you can make it run with ANY Banshee components is to run ALL Banshee components. Flywheel, stator, CDI, wire harness, voltage regulator. The crank taper is the same, so that's possible. You will need to lock the power valves in the open position.

I seen one video where a guy hooked the pvs up to a switch similar to a bicycle shifter, I was kinda thinking that then just put my banshee flywheel on but maybe i am better off finding the rest of the rz parts i just need a cdi,reg,and the pvc box where my banshee flywheel is 03 is that different then the older 86 rz crank would be ? so the flywheel would not work on the rz ?  Thanks again !

OK, let's start out this way. All Banshee flywheels are the same and will fit all RZ350 cranks. All Banshee stators will fit your RZ cases. All Banshee stators and CDI boxes will work with each other as long as the connectors can be connected together. It's basically 87-94, 95-96, and 97 and newer. You can change the connectors as long as you match colors. Getting back to the RZ, to make it right, you need flywheel, stator, wireharness, CDI, voltage regulator, power valve controller box, and powervalve servo motor with cables. If you just want to make it run for now, I would lock the powervalves in the open position. Your low RPM power is going to suffer slightly, but shouldn't be too bad.

You never have actually stated, but I am assuming you are putting an RZ350 motor in a Banshee and are wanting to use pipes made for a Banshee. Some aftermarket pipes hit the powervalve cable holder on the cylinder. I don't know which pipes clear. You're going to have to research that.

The Banshee cylinders have a 45 mm stub that the pipes slip over. The RZ cylinders use a bolt on flange with threaded studs in the cylinder. I don't know what the spacing is between the studs. Here is what I do know. The Yamaha Blaster stud spacing is 68mm. CPI used to make a pipe for the Blasters. Not anymore. They sold an aluminum flange that mounted to the Blaster studs and had a 45mm stub for their pipe to mount to just like a Banshee pipe would mount. Banshee stub size is 45mm.

Toomey still makes a pipe for Blaster and they sell a similar flange on their website. Call them and find out if the stub size is 45mm like a Banshee. If the stud spacing on your RZ 68mm like a blaster, then it should work.

One more thing worth mentioning. The CPI flange uses cheesy bolt on tabs for the springs to hook to. The Toomey flange has holes drilled in the aluminum for the springs to hook to. Much nicer in my opinion.

I plan on runing my fmf fatty pipes... i will keep looking for the adaptors , I hope they will run alright for back pressure  and i think i am getting the rest of the rz parts i been talkin to the guy i got the motor from and he says he junked the bike so thats one bonus.... I am sure the next question will be the wireing lol haha hope for the most part its plug in and go from there. Thanks for the advice ! and if you ever see anymore info on the rz swap think send it along please  :thanks: