+2 arms and trx 450 shocks?

williamsburgjim

I have standard travel aftermarket arms and are running yfz450 shocks. Just loosen the jam nut and nut up that adjusts the spring and loosen them up till they will go in.  That's what I did and they work fine. Ride a whole lot better than the factory shocks. You will have to grind a tad bit off the upper shock mount on the frame to get the head of the shock from hitting the frame so the bolt will line up.

...thanks 171 !  I have two shee's and one of them already has the yfz450's on them with the stock arms. I got the trx's for cheap, and because they are about 1-inch longer than the yfz's (total 2-inches longer than oem, i believe), i didn't want to even try... .

In the meantime I talked with Bill over at Full Flight and he said he might make a +2 arm with an changed/extended type lower mount.  He did say however that the +3's would bolt right on with the txr shocks.  But I don't want to have to change my brake lines/extend them... .  He said he'd get back to me... .