pictures of cleaned up frames

RagunCajun

I'll post some tomorrow when I get to work. I'll tell ya now it's kinda janky lol. I'm working on building my own actual drag axle now. If all goes well it should be very light and very strong but I'll have to wait and see.

Here's a basic list of what to cut.

If you're going to run pods, cut the airbox mounts off(front and rear ones)

If you're not going to run factory foot baskets, cut those mounts off***

If you're going to run cut front fenders, cut the tabs for the support braces(below the front motor mounts)

If you're moving the CDI and regulator, cut those tabs off

If you're going to run uncut rears, KEEP the mounts that go out the sides for the rear fenders

Cut the tabs for the rubber bumpers for the stock pipes off. It looks real dumb with those tabs and a nice powder coated frame

Cut the TORS box tab off

You can cut the molded, curved stinger mount off that's in front of the silencers, if your stingers don't have a mount there

*** Be careful! If you're going to run any type of aftermarket nerfs at all, they probably use the rear mounts.  I love my XFR's:

http://xfrproatv.com/products/atv-nerf-bars-pro-series-ii/

• 10 months later...

Can someone with photoshop or M$ paint take the picture from post # 9 and label each circled item. That way i do not have to assemble the bike to learn what's missing. It's been about nearly 2.5 years since i ridden it and since 09 since i did a frame up build. I am going to my parent this weekend and get the rolling chassis and other parts left there for it.

I will post pictures of what i want to cut off mine before doing so i dont mess anything up.

Also i can have someone gusset the frame if needed if yall think my bike needs it. Keep in mind, i will not be jumping it. I'm not sure if the HP my bike makes requires the frame to be strengthened. Id assume no.

The bike will be sent to powder coat shortly after it's cleaned of unwanted mounts. If something comes up, ill spray paint the frame real quick so it doesnt rust until it gets to powder soon.

Edited by RagunCajun