weight transfere

f rizzo

Agreed, seems to be a lot of "kids" on this site.

I have started researching some of the drag and circle motorsport site to see different opinions on C.O.G and weight transfer.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Or are you just wanting to talk about it generally?

Sometimes it helps to be specific when you're asking a question or starting a topic.

What kind of riding are you doing? Track racing or dune racing? There's a difference and the bikes will be set up completely different.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Or are you just wanting to talk about it generally?

Sometimes it helps to be specific when you're asking a question or starting a topic.

What kind of riding are you doing? Track racing or dune racing? There's a difference and the bikes will be set up completely different.

Well since I posted this is the "drag" forum and in my first post i was asking about launching the quad, I kinda figured it was obvious.

Some guys drag race up a hill some guys drag race on a groomed 300ft track. Others just race flat sand

In my opinion you want as much of the weight to transfer on to the rear wheels as possible in any case without having to let off the throttle and without having bounce of the wheelie bar if you have one

Agreed, seems to be a lot of "kids" on this site.

There not kids. They just act like 7th graders..

Rizzo, you are pretty new to the HQ Circus. It takes a little bit of time to settle into the Clowning that goes on. As Possum said above; sometimes to a lesser grade & even infants. I'm not excluding myself from that. A good many of Circus Member's are close to full time Ass Clowns!

Well since I posted this is the "drag" forum and in my first post i was asking about launching the quad, I kinda figured it was obvious.

Your 1st post was obvious to people that understand something about it & take the time to learn. It was understood by a few member's that actually addressed your question.

Maybe I should have taken Loco's easy way out answer & not answer anything.

Some guys drag race up a hill some guys drag race on a groomed 300ft track. Others just race flat sand

In my opinion you want as much of the weight to transfer on to the rear wheels as possible in any case without having to let off the throttle and without having bounce of the wheelie bar if you have one

Surfrag, hit on it in his post & you can use part of what Rappy brought up in his post depending on the situation.

Example. Same bike, same rider, same surface & same everything. Except you have to run a wheelie bar & no bar in another situation. There's multiple ways to deal with this. In most cases the problem without a bar is fighting a wheelie. An easy start to the problem is Rappy's example: lower it down if you have that adjustment.

OK, you say it's a low as it goes. There are many different options, I'll name a few to try & stimulate the conversation. Start with tightening the compression on the rear shock. This will help slow the bikes rotation.

Here's one of my favorites & Wheelman has mentioned this before also. Ballast/moveable weight bars. Yes, adding weight can make you go faster if done right!

The object is not to get rid of the wheelie. It's to have a nice, small & controlled full throttle wheelie with or with out a bar.

Rizzo, you are pretty new to the HQ Circus. It takes a little bit of time to settle into the Clowning that goes on. As Possum said above; sometimes to a lesser grade & even infants. I'm not excluding myself from that. A good many of Circus Member's are close to full time Ass Clowns!

Your 1st post was obvious to people that understand something about it & take the time to learn. It was understood by a few member's that actually addressed your question.

Maybe I should have taken Loco's easy way out answer & not answer anything.

Surfrag, hit on it in his post & you can use part of what Rappy brought up in his post depending on the situation.

Example. Same bike, same rider, same surface & same everything. Except you have to run a wheelie bar & no bar in another situation. There's multiple ways to deal with this. In most cases the problem without a bar is fighting a wheelie. An easy start to the problem is Rappy's example: lower it down if you have that adjustment.

OK, you say it's a low as it goes. There are many different options, I'll name a few to try & stimulate the conversation. Start with tightening the compression on the rear shock. This will help slow the bikes rotation.

Here's one of my favorites & Wheelman has mentioned this before also. Ballast/moveable weight bars. Yes, adding weight can make you go faster if done right!

The object is not to get rid of the wheelie. It's to have a nice, small & controlled full throttle wheelie with or with out a bar.

Here's something some people with a little bit of knowledge that may find to be interesting...

I have two sets of handle bars, one is a low set of pro tapers, the other set are Flexx Bars with two risers, probably weigh 3lbs more than the other set. However, my bike hooks much harder with the Flexx bars and stays on the wheelie bar far better.

Precision Powersports figured out why that happens awhile back, if nobody noticed by the look of their bikes...

Here's something some people with a little bit of knowledge that may find to be interesting...

I have two sets of handle bars, one is a low set of pro tapers, the other set are Flexx Bars with two risers, probably weigh 3lbs more than the other set. However, my bike hooks much harder with the Flexx bars and stays on the wheelie bar far better.

Precision Powersports figured out why that happens awhile back, if nobody noticed by the look of their bikes...

That is actually very interesting, subscribed.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Do the bars change how a person sits on the quad? (Leaning fwd or back)

• 3 weeks later...

I have found on 300ft on dirt once the track changes so does rider position and wheelie bar height, right after the track is groomed It is loose and i do better sitting back further on my seat with a lower bar but soon as its tor up with mounds of dirt and start line and down to hard pack i scoot forward on seat and raise bar 1 inch, there are a lot of variables to this, the rear shock being stiffer helps to control the weight transfer better I feel. winning is not always about being fast a couple times but being consistent and keeping track of what you did and how it help or made it worse will help with any racing. if you go and change 3 things at a time you'll be chasing tail all day