override tranny issue

aleyesonme

Ive searched but havent found the problem im having..so here goes...as i was dragging today, as i was making my next pass 4th gear starting acting funny and made the bike vibrate very hard. So as i ride it around all the other gears are just fine, just fourth gear sounds pretty bad and feels very bad... like something is tearing up...has anyone had this issue or know what this could sound like...and could i just replace 4th gear instead of a new tranny. I really dont wanna have to split the cases, what could cause this...thanks in advance...again it only acts up in 4th

damn you were tearin the track up when i was there.. 

its not to difficult, but you will need to split the cases and inspect the gears and forks.

there is a walk through on here for the bottom end

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140912

i would think if it was the shift shaft it would be doing it in every gear or not changing gears properly. you gotta take the clutch cover off to get the cases appart anyways so once you get that far you should be able to tell. maybe you will get lucky and its something under there...