Fast clutch.

Man-O-Steele

pondering the idea of running a fast clutch with stock springs on the following parts: fast dune port, 33pwks, +4 timing, noss head 21cc domes, vf3 reeds, t5s etc. just the basic trail dune bike mods. my question is do you think that the clutch will hold up with stock springs? im kind of sick of the pull on the lever with the asv shorties and i dont personally feel like heave springs help that much.

have you tried staggering the springs? 3 soft 3 stiff?

dont like the pull get a hydro clutch... I run a hydro clutch for racing (less rider fatigue) but i run stiff springs + lock up.

X2 on the staggered springs.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

have you tried staggering the springs? 3 soft 3 stiff?

dont like the pull get a hydro clutch... I run a hydro clutch for racing (less rider fatigue) but i run stiff springs + lock up.

Stiff springs are killing the holeshot. They do nothing good when on a lock up.

OP, you shouldn't need super heavy springs for that. You should look in to a sling shot type lock up and run ultra light springs in it. It is like pulling a new Honda 4 poke dirt bike clutch.

i had a lock up on it a while back and i couldnt get it to shift for shit with it. soon as i took it off it shifted just fine. right now im running staggered 3hd 3 stock springs. i pondered hydraulic clutches but dont like the reliability factor. it just annoys me to be ridding all day with a pull like that. how does the sling shot work?

staggered 3hd, 3 stock... It works good, i can ride all day and never notice the hard pull, but i'm running regular length ASV levers, with a new cable... The shortys just seemed like they'd be too much of a pull, for my liking... The slingshot is a good idea, but it will make it hard to shift without an override.. Lock ups are more for the drag guys that run overrides, and aren't clutching between shifts.