Electrical

TroyBrock

This is where I am, I recently purchased a 1987 banshee with moose racing slides. The kid said it wouldn't kick start but it would pop start. I did a compression test and it's fine. So I checked for spark, and it has none, but for some reason it will pop start if I get enough speed pushing it downhill. I got into the wiring in it an found that the kill switch wires had been cut but twisted back together. I cleaned them up and heat shrinked them together but I still have no spark. I followed the throttle switch wires and they go no where. I have no idea where to begin with this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I went through the wire harness on mine when I rebuilt the motor. The previous owner had wires cut and twisted together. I think it was for bypassing the tors switch. Anyways I stripped the wires again and soldered them. I made sure the grounds were good. I would look for a used wire harness on ebay if its too chopped up.

I got all the way back to the CDI and realized this wasn't the stock wiring harness. This is a newer one that has the wiring for a brake light. Today I'm going through with a voltmeter and checking everything and hopefully narrowing it down. I'll keep everyone updated.