Lectron meter rod isetting

Joejr915

i just figured if hes new to lectron packard might be able to get him within 1 or 2 turns. but ya either way it shouldnt take to long to figure it out

got a question regarding lectron. got 48hv on alky and it was alittle lean from packards recomendation (sounded pretty zingy) so i richened it 1 turn and it sounded alittle better. went another turn and got better. went even 1 more turn for the hell of it and it seemed to run fairly good. did all the testing in the dirt with knobby tire. left the carb as is and went to the dunes 1,500' lower elev with paddle tire. now engine bogged 2 and 3rd gears then ran like a raped ape 4 and 5th gear. i dont understand wtf because it should of leaned out alittle from the altitude. was the paddle pulling more fuel making it bog ?  2 and 3rd sounded just like it was over fueled. leaning the PJ did nothing

Humidity and temp are important as well as elevation. probably to rich on the needle. should be around 53mm. what cut is it pe1 or pe7?

temp was about the same. not sure on the humidity. started out at 53mm but like i said you could hear it was real lean. rpm didnt drop normal and had a zingy lean sound. richened it 3 turns which made it sound alot better but maybe 3 turns was to much. im guessing that would put it around 50mm. not sure what needle it is. has a groove cut in it with one number still visible. appears to be a 7 but i dont know if that meens its a pe7 or maybe it was some other needle originally. what has me stumped is it was running pretty good at my house and go 1,500' lower and it bogs in 2 and 3rd like it has to much fuel. should of leaned out alittle i would think. im gonna lean it 1 turn and see what happens. that should be around 51mm i think. i dont know much about lectron so im still learning. does 1/4 turn do anything or should i stay with 1/2 turns ? another thing i havent messed with the timing yet. was gonna try and get the carb in the ballpark then figure out the timing.

IMG_20130716_192223_zps17da7e24.jpg

Edited by registered user

i just figured if hes new to lectron packard might be able to get him within 1 or 2 turns. but ya either way it shouldnt take to long to figure it out

got a question regarding lectron. got 48hv on alky and it was alittle lean from packards recomendation (sounded pretty zingy) so i richened it 1 turn and it sounded alittle better. went another turn and got better. went even 1 more turn for the hell of it and it seemed to run fairly good. did all the testing in the dirt with knobby tire. left the carb as is and went to the dunes 1,500' lower elev with paddle tire. now engine bogged 2 and 3rd gears then ran like a raped ape 4 and 5th gear. i dont understand wtf because it should of leaned out alittle from the altitude. was the paddle pulling more fuel making it bog ? 2 and 3rd sounded just like it was over fueled. leaning the PJ did nothing

In my experience you need the needles to be zingy on the Lectrons to get it to launch. Use the pjs to add the fuel after it gets off the needle. This is for drag racing. If you're just riding around with a lean needle it's gonna get HOT. All of mine have a lean spot on the needle with the Lectrons. .