transmission fluid in the crankcase?

Jgspahn

we need to make the SEARCH bar bigger on this site! Someone starts this post every week with the same question!

That would reduce traffic with the overwhelmingly (special) ridiculous number of redundant questions the on hitter quiter members bring in.

honda hp4 80w, belray gearsaver 80w, purple synchro 80w. all very good tranny fluids.

Alot of people are saying that Belray Gear Saver.. I went looking for it at autozone the other day and they didnt carry it. To order it online its like freaking 18$ a quart with shipping. Anybody know if any other chain stores carry this in stock?

I ran atf a long time ago. i saw accellerated trans wear and will never ruun it again. run only motercycle trans oil now. trannies and clutches are holding up great. if you run cheaper atf but change it all the time is it really cheaper? i have torn down countless transmissions run on atf and they all have gear to shaft wear and clutching teeth wear that a trans run on gear oil wont have. just my 02¢

Exactly! I run Belray gearsaver and I leave it in there till I feel like changing it. Most motorcycle shops carry it.

Theres a Harley shop around the corner from my office. I never thought of checking there  banghead ... Im gonna run by there after work today.. Thanks!