transmission fluid in the crankcase?

Jgspahn

Im really just trying to find out if there is a better solution than just 10 30. If it really doesn't make a difference, cool, but ive spent good money on my motor and I want the best for it.

Auto. Transmission Fluid is fine, so is 10w-30.The Transmission fluid will require a change more often than the oil, but IMO, shifts smoother. Some will argue the ATF causes "creep" , but thats never been an issue for me.

Auto. Transmission Fluid is fine, so is 10w-30.The Transmission fluid will require a change more often than the oil, but IMO, shifts smoother. Some will argue the ATF causes "creep" , but thats never been an issue for me.

Thanks, thats pretty much what I was looking for. I searched some old posts and folks were running 80-90?? They also said the tranny fluid stinks (insert joke). The only motor oil for wet clutches (which I assume is what Im supposed to buy) around here is the kawasaki stuff.

Ive run it since forever it seems. Im a bit lazier on changing it than most. It does discolor faster. I tend to use the clutch aggressively in the sand and clutches last far longer than using other oil which is why i changed to it in the first place. D

we need to make the SEARCH bar bigger on this site! Someone starts this post every week with the same question!

Well I used the search bar, and relayed the information I found. In case you missed it I said : I searched some old posts and folks were running 80-90?? They also said the tranny fluid stinks (insert joke).

The problem is (which i understand is prolly not fixable) that alot of the previous topics dont come to a consensus conclusion. I sometimes end up with more questions than answers when I read older topics. I realize there are different strokes for different folks, and its hard to come to one answer when there are hundreds of opinions out there. Im well versed in this website, and I read it religously, and I also usually use the search bar as much as I can before I make a post. And hey, as long as there are discussions the site is active.. I dont see what the big deal is...

Ive run it since forever it seems. Im a bit lazier on changing it than most. It does discolor faster. I tend to use the clutch aggressively in the sand and clutches last far longer than using other oil which is why i changed to it in the first place. D

I probably over change my oil anyway. I usually change it once a month during the spring summer and fall months.. just to have an excuse to go to the shop and tinker with stuff.