where to get cylinders ported

alpine04

I'm not Mr. Expert know it all or anything but I had a great damn good time riding my banshee after it was rebuilt by HJR. I'm giving my honest opinion about my experience with HJR. I've dealt with other local shops with this banshee and other bikes I've had over the years, as well as family and friends with there experiences with other shops and in my opinion HJR was really the best I've ever dealt with in customer service and the finished product of his work!

Kevin does good work and has great cilia timer service, agreed. But to say it is the best place ever.....well, you just can't say that until you've been to the rest. Jeff at FAST, Cam at redline, Andy, Brandon, the list goes on.

In addition, anyone can have a single bad experience or screw their shit up tuning and blame the builder. Happens all the time. So, in trying not to be a dick, experiences are appreciated but the best advice it to visit with different builders. Develop a relationship with them. Understand what they can do for you and decide based on your own personal experience. Not mine or his or whoever else may chime in.

SP

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, Kevin would never build a motor for me- There have been a lot of bad dealings lately, there has been numerous HJR motors around here and NONE of them were even remotely impressive

Sleeper06 has rebuilt a few of those and now they run proper!!

There are other site sponsors that I would choose before HJR, personally I run a passion motor, number 3 actually and I can't say enough about Jim's work- all of my engines continue to surprise people!!

Yes his turn around time sucks but I guarantee it to be worth the wait!!

Joe

• Like 1

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, Kevin would never build a motor for me- There have been a lot of bad dealings lately, there has been numerous HJR motors around here and NONE of them were even remotely impressive Sleeper06 has rebuilt a few of those and now they run proper!!There are other site sponsors that I would choose before HJR, personally I run a passion motor, number 3 actually and I can't say enough about Jim's work- all of my engines continue to surprise people!!Yes his turn around time sucks but I guarantee it to be worth the wait!! Joe

Ain't it the truth. Live and learn. I wasted a lot of money going with hjr. There is another thread where me and another ember had identical problems.

Ain't it the truth. Live and learn. I wasted a lot of money going with hjr. There is another thread where me and another ember had identical problems.

it seems that hjr has let several down lately, it sucks because he used to have a good reputation and has built some badass engines in the past.

Edited by dozer

it seems that hjr has let several down lately, it sucks because he used to have a good reputation and has built some badass engines in the past.

Yea and for every bad experience or unhappy customer review that surfaces there are 10 that haven't bc people don't wanna come on the HQ and bash a site sponsors, they suck it up, sweep it under the rug and move on- which is respectable but ya only hurting the next guy that come on the HQ looking to get his motor done!!

Joe

personally I run a passion motor, number 3 actually and I can't say enough about Jim's work- all of my engines continue to surprise people!! Yes his turn around time sucks but I guarantee it to be worth the wait!! Joe

Kind of happy to read this. Why were people bashing Passion? He did my porting/top end 4 mil stock cylinder on my last Banshee. Awesome guy in my book. Helped me a ton

It was Jesse who also had the same dome issues as me. My motor ran good. But it wasn't ported 4 mil good. I chased jetting up and down, changed carbs, reeds, everything.

Finally a unrelated issue made me go to sleeper06. Well a entirely new motor later, people know my bike when they see it now.

Did all you guy do is change the domes or was it in the port work as well? Just got me wondeing if I got problem I am not even aware I have

It was Jesse who also had the same dome issues as me. My motor ran good. But it wasn't ported 4 mil good. I chased jetting up and down, changed carbs, reeds, everything.

Finally a unrelated issue made me go to sleeper06. Well a entirely new motor later, people know my bike when they see it now.