Keep throwing the chain

I'm not running a rear chain guide because of the prm skid plate. All the pivot bearings are new. New swing arm. Frame was gone over and repainted. I took a good second look at it and the top roller doesn't spin at all and its slightly out of line towards the engine. I'll have to pull the swing and inspect.

The real bummer is I just changed my cases without the chain knock out. Only after a month the chain poped the case.

Yes I have the lower motor struts in. I found the problem last night. I put a jack under it and ran it in gear to see how things looked while running. The rear sprocket bracket is bent now. I'm going to upgrade to the later model bracket.

Find a way to run the chain guide, I had to run my backwards with my skid. Also make sure your axle nuts are tight. Mine would come loose and chain would pop off. Got a dual locking one and it works great. Also make sure your carrier isn't loose.

Everything is tight. I looked at the rear skid and imagined how I could run a rear chain guide. I don't think there is enough clearance to run on.

The problem is the bent rear sprocket collar/ bracket. Its bent. Next question is will a later model 5 spoke one swap over to my 87 axle?

• 2 weeks later...

No rear guide needed. I replaced the rear hub with a later model 6 spoke. pbi rear sprocket and a new sunstar 14 in the front. I got on some hard dirt yesterday and it held up nice. Chain stayed on all day yesterday.