pods

i am new to the forum i have read on here bout guys running pods instead of air box or just taking the lid off the air box . itook my lid off and went for a ride my bike kept reving out after i goose it can anyone out there tell me what jetting i use.  procicuit pipes boysen reeds cool head juice box cdi timing plate at +5 elev 3245ft i would like to use different domes but don't know much bout how they work can someone help me out

taking the lid off more than likely made it run lean so a jetting change will be needed. if you have the stock filter it is held in place with the lid so you can either cut a bunch of holes in the lid or replace it with a clamp on filter. I ride a lot of muddy/dusty trails so I use a foam filter in the stock box.  we need to know what domes and jetting you have now to help.

My setup is jetted with 320 mains and 25 pilots with needles raised one clip and it runs awesome for me. As stated before not knowing what domes you have is going to affect things a bit but all can be figured out later. Jetting is not bad at all, I personally recommend starting off with the 25 pilots as they have always been beneficial to me over the lean 22.5's. Rocky mountain atv sells jets for like $3 each, Id buy mains in 260, 280, 300, 310 and 320 all totaling you for about $40 shipped, cheaper than most jetting kits with many more options. For myself before the port work I was running 280's I believe, they may have been 300's but anyhow start off with a larger jet and start playing around, you will know the feel of your bike better than anyone else. It is a timely process but well worth it when she is screaming like shes supposed to.

Comp will tell you where your motor is at. If your kicking 175 then you know your running a fairly low cc dome.

As far as saying where your motor is at, I mean it can also show low numbers. Maybe you have a old worn out top end that has a lot if hours and just needs a refresh. Maybe one side is 20 psi down