Homemade spark aerator?

no shit. We ride out of Mio. Nice to know there's a few more banshee riders around.

That being said....the only time ive seen law enforcement is over in Lewiston. And it wasn't the DNR, it was the Sheriffs out on their quads. Seen both of them twice and ive talked with them asking about the new laws about riding on sides of the roads.....and neither of them mentioned anything about the non-spark arrested silencers I had on at the time. Since then ive upgraded.....but I never got messed with. Both of the sheriffs were really nice and told me that as long as your not doing anything "completely stupid" they're not out to bother you.

Hit me up sometime....my buddy and I would have no problems taking a few rides with local riders up there.

Jereme

What are the new rules?

spark arrestors are required to ride on any state land in mich. some dnr guys are more strict than others though, silver lake dunes are the worst.

Edited by toytech

yeah they are the same way in gladwin.  and the ticket would have paid for half the sparkies

I've never gotten a ticket in Gladwin..    and they dont stop to check you unless you give them a reason too.  I was actually caught riding in a non designated area. Thats when they warned me about my silencers.  I was just polite and they let me go with no tickets.

Edit:  correction.. I have never gotten a ticket for spark arrestors.  lol  I did get ticket for operating a ATV on public road.. but he was nice enough to knock it down to operating atv in non designated area.   didn't check or ticket me for no spark arrestors.     So both times I got stopped.. Neither was for spark arrestors, it was for other infractions..