HELP! What would you do

You guys are right about the whole title thing.  What If I sink thousands of dollars in it and one day the title owner decides to report it stolen and I end up getting the VIN ran for whatever reason.  I've been pulled over with the quads on a trailer before and the cop ran the VINs on all of the quads.  I'd lose all that money plus probably get into trouble for having a stolen quad.  I've decided to keep looking and find a Banshee and a YFZ (for the wife) both with titles.  Hell I bought 2004 in my sig with just a few bolt ons in 2008 for $2300 with a title.  Surely something will pop up that I can jump on.  I asked the guy with the 2006 for the VIN number and he copped an attitude with me saying he can guarantee it's not stolen.  He said he just lost the title.  I told him I'd pay for him to get a replacement and he just avoids the question and he won't send me the VIN.  That's a huge red flag to me.

There was a Banshee here on HQ from Columbus, just under 2 hours away from me with a title!  It's a 2005.  I picked it up today!  See pics here.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167093#entry1482101

I'm glad the search is over.  Now I just have to find a legit YFZ450 for the wife and I'll be set.