10mil clutch not engaging

I recently toasted the backer plate on my hinson clutch basket. I replaced it with a new stock one and new cushions. I put it all back together and the damn bike won't move in any gear. It's like the clutch just won't grab. So I put new fibers and steels in and that still didn't solve the problem. The clutch won't engage/grab to move the bike. It has a neutral down 2 thru 5 override if that helps.

I heard about the bearing and clutch push rod seizing together. I'm pretty sure I  checked for that when I had it all apart and the bearing came out just fine. I just got back from out of town and I'll be checking that tomorrow sometime but I wanted to see if I could get some good input or advice between now and then. THANKS!

I recently toasted the backer plate on my hinson clutch basket. I replaced it with a new stock one and new cushions. I put it all back together and the damn bike won't move in any gear. It's like the clutch just won't grab. So I put new fibers and steels in and that still didn't solve the problem. The clutch won't engage/grab to move the bike. It has a neutral down 2 thru 5 override if that helps.

I heard about the bearing and clutch push rod seizing together. I'm pretty sure I checked for that when I had it all apart and the bearing came out just fine. I just got back from out of town and I'll be checking that tomorrow sometime but I wanted to see if I could get some good input or advice between now and then. THANKS!

if you "toasted" your basket you probably welded the ball and maybe rod to actuator. You need to pull the pressure plate and see if the ball and rod slide out. Then proper alignment of arrows and adjustment screw. Check cable play. Should be good from there.

Is it an 8 plate basket and are you putting in all 8 plates? Run an extra steel if you're sure the actuator is lined up correctly and the pancake bearing is adjusted correctly. What exactly happened to the plate on the basket?

Hinson baskets are made to be able to run 7 or 8 plates. It's the Hinson inner hub and pressure plate that allows you to run 8 plates. If you have the stock inner hub and pressure plate, you are fine with 7 plates. All of the common assembly mistakes have been covered here. Obviously you have made an uncommon mistake. It's not rocket science. The pressure plate clamps the disks. If it won't engage, something is holding the pressure plate away from the disks. Take it all back apart as far as you originally did and see if somethings in the wrong place. Maybe one of the big washers that goes on before and after the basket?

I'm almost positive that it was all put back together correctly. I just haven't had time to sit and stare at it all for too long.

The plate was bent and warped. (no longer flat)

I have the magnum hinson basket, had stock inner and outer hubs, and just got new inner and outer hubs from Fast and their clutch fibers and steel's. I'm gonna take it all apart and go over it all AGAIN and see if I just made a stupid mistake. If not, I'm hoping that the new hubs and plates will solve the problem.

But... I just don't understand how the bike won't even move because of some clutch plates and hubs being out of spec! Hmmm?

Thanks for the reply's, sorry I wasn't quick to respond, just been busy. I have all day today and tomorrow though.