Puking out coolant

Hello new to the website. I just purchased a 2000 and it's bone stock. When I first got it the previous owner had done a top end and just about all the hose clamps were loose! I checked all the clamps and tightened them. Tonight took it for a ride and was getting on it pretty good when I got home and shut it off it started puking coolant out and sounded like it was sucking air. I did a search couldn't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Only way to check the impeller is to pull the cover and look at it.

There are a couple ways to test if it's doing something or nothing. Pull the radiator cover plastic off. Make sure the radiator is full. Start the bike up from cold and rev it up a bit. After about 2 or 3 minutes, put your hand on the radiator and feel if it's getting warm. If it's cold, put your hand on the head. If the head is hot and the radiator is cold, the water pump isn't pumping. Another way that has been mentioned here is to start it up and pull 1 of the cylinder drain bolts, rev it and see if coolant shoots out 3 feet. I've never tried that though.