Need help and advice....

Fastassbanshee96

So let me start off by saying I'm new to drag bikes and alcohol. Not too long ago I picked up a 485cheetah motor with I believe just some clean up port. I put it in a drag cut stock chassis with +10 swingarm and struts all the way around. I've got 39mm pwks set up for alky( haven't checked but the dumps are drilled to and still have to drill the main). I'm havering wildcard cut the domes because he is already knows this motor. It has a 2-5 override tranny and lock up. Looking for some help with setting this thing up. What size should I drill the main? Looking at getting either some 13 or 14 paddle extreams. Do you think that would be to much paddle without running a wheelie bar and can this motor turn them? Pretty much any advise would be great. Like I said new to the drag bikes and alky.

12 to 14 paddle extreme UR gonna be looking at the sky depending on roll out , the motor will turn them on alky , give us more info , how much u weigh , is this just track or hill setup as well and also are u willing to get a willy bar ? There's always more factors involved but rider weight plays alot in paddle setup

I'm about 170lbs of so. I would rather not have to run a bar but I'm thinking I'm going to have to. I actually just bought a set of 14 paddle extreams. So it looks like its either I run a bar or ill be doing alot of bird watching lol. This is strictly a 300' sand track bike. At least for now. So any thought as to jetting?

If its strictly 300' racing, then why don't you want to run a bar? On your carbs, see what the dumps are drilled to, then just make the mains the same. Probably between 0.116" and 0.120." Also drill a main a tad smaller than the dumps that you can try if the main is a little too big.

Thanks for buying the tires. :cheers:

If its strictly 300' racing, then why don't you want to run a bar? On your carbs, see what the dumps are drilled to, then just make the mains the same. Probably between 0.116" and 0.120." Also drill a main a tad smaller than the dumps that you can try if the main is a little too big.

Thanks for buying the tires. :cheers:

I honestly don't really know why I don't want one lol. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the look. But it looks like I better start liking it cause I guess I'm going to need one. As for the mains ... Do you guys just drill those by hand or should I throw it on a bridge port or lathe? Seems easy enough to just drill by hand but don't know if it needs to be 100% straight or not. And thank you for the good deal and fast shipping.

The carbs currently don't have any main jets in them. Could I just use one of my old jets a drill it?

As said, yep.  Probably a good idea to scratch or scribe what you drill them out to, just for future reference.

I'd probably carry .116, .120 and .122 if possible.  I wouldn't drill that dump tube much more than .120 to .122.

Get a bar.  If you're not going to the dunes....get the bar.  You can probably, on a perfect pass...get a good time with that size motor and setup without a bar.  But you won't be able to consistently repeat it...and racing is all about consistency and being able to repeat success.

I'm over in St. Clair Shores and Wheelman is in Clinton Twp...howdy neighbor.

Since Wheelman is a neighbor, site sponsor and fellow racer...he can build a wild or mild wheelie bar.