95 banshee, no spark. Stators good. help?

Hey bashee hq members. Ive been cruising this website anonymously for past couple months. It has helped me tremendously. After hours of research I finally am stuck n decided to make an account so I can ask you guys some questions.

One day riding my 95 banshee it got stuck in 3rd or 4th gear i forget. I had a shift rod problem. The bike ran fine. While I was fixing that I decided to restore a lot of parts. You know just clean the bike up and make it sweet. To keep a long story short when all said and done I went to start the banshee. After 5 or 10 kicks I decided to check for spark. Waaalaaa no spark... So I said ok checked all grounds did basic trouble shooting and got no where. Like other problems ive had in the past i quickly ran to check bansheehq. 

Here's whats going on. I got all the ohms specs. Checked the pick up coil, ignition coil, and the lighting coil. Everything was proper ohms. I even went and checked voltage.. Started playing around got out a drill hooked up a extension with a socket on the end and turned over the engine. At about 2000 rpms the stator produced 60volts. My guess is everythings good in that department.  Oh yeh for a side note. When I opened the stator cover it was sitting in a puddle of water. 

Now it could very well be the cdi box. Im on the edge of just buying one and seeing what happens. Do you guys agree? Would like to save money if i dont have to. Let me know. 

About the tors system it is disconnected and the bike ran sweet prior to restoring. I dont think its a tors problem as I have a 2 to 1 carb. Ive read here that it could be a bad wire in the wiring harness? Also spark plug caps? Im confused at this point if anyone could help me make sense with what is wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Matt 

Unplug CDI. At the CDI harness side connector, check for continuity between the red/black wire and the black wire. You should have continuity with the key on. (or bypassed) If no continuity, there's your problem. If that checks, check between the black/white wire and the black wire. That's your kill switch. It should be open circuit for it to run.

Okay. update. The quad has beautiful spark when I originally connected those two wires. Now the spark is hit or miss. It sparks when it wants to and the spark isnt great when it does. From a different thread someone mentioned it could be the stator going bad. Now like I said the ohms and everything read perfectly fine but id like to add that the flywheel and everything is rusted down there. Should I recheck ohms? What is everyones opinion?

I just got done diagnosing a no spark situation. On this one, the bike would run great until it got warmed up and you shut it off. Once you shut it off, it would not start. No spark. Let it cool for 10 minutes, and it would fire right up and run till you shut it off. Swapped the coil, no change. Swapped the CDI and it started right up. Swapped the original CDI back and it fired right up. Finally after swapping back and forth enough times with consistent failure with the original CDI and no failure with the replacement CDI, I am confidant that we got it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats sick! Seems like you know your banshee's very well like the back of your hand lol but hey man i need you to come over and check out mine because im on the edge of giving up. After i hooked those wires up I got good spark.. Put everything back together got it rdy. Jumped on it and it wouldnt start. So i checked spark again and i noticed that the spark was very weak now and didnt fire every time. Maybe after 10 kicks it would spark. So I said ok. My stator is a 95 it was sitting in water for god knows how long so i went and bought a stator. no spark. So i bought a new cdi. No spark.... What the #@!$#@$???

Okay updating this post to let everyone know that i found and fixed the problem.. As usual like every other post regarding the electrical situation its a easy fix. Dont get fustrated, and fed up. Just keep going down the list of things to check and soon enough you will figure it out. My problem was the main ground wire that connects to all the other grounds in the wiring harness was old and the wire corroded green there for giving me weak intermittent spark. CLean that mess up and I have bright blue spark! Once again thank you starwriter for your help!