Headgasket confusion...*Sigh*

Whats up fellas (And ladies) New to the forum here. Picked up a 98 Banshee a couple of months ago for CHEAP. The guy had it for a while but bought it like it was. Anyways, it didnt run when i got it. Reeds were broken, carbs all junked up yada yada yada. Bought new reeds and cleaned the carbs and walah!! Ran great but needed to be jetted. Jetted it and took her for a quick rip and holy shit it wasnt like anything ive ever ridden before. Buuuuut the fun had to end there as the headgasket started leaking right after. So i pull the head and low and behold a stripped headstud...AWSOME! So i fix the headstud and measure the bore and it comes out to be 2 11/16 which is 68.xxx mm if i did the math right. And the pistons have .50 on top of them. Did some research and from what i gathered, 68mm=392? Current headgasket measures out at .50 thick and the 2 3/4 inches across. Im so damn confussed as to what headgasket im supposed to buy. Engine mods are (as much as i know, ive found alot of "extras" on this bike since ive bought it) Stock head milled to 20cc and jugs milled .35 with slight port work.

If anyone can shed some light on this situation i would really apreciate it! Thanks!

post all the numbers on top of the piston. more than likely it is a .5 over piston which would make it a 64.50 bore if it had a stock head gasket and it wasn't trimmed then it's probably not a 68mm bore. you can run a stock head gasket on a 68mm bore, but it will need to be trimmed. done it in a pinch before.

Need to measure a piston? Grab the digital calipers. Need to measure a metric bolt for diameter and length? Grab the digital calipers. Need to convert 22mm to inches? Grab the digital calipers. Want to know the difference in size between part A and part B? Grab the digital calipers. Want to measure transfer port heights? Grab the digital calipers. Want to measure shim thicknesses? Grab the digital calipers.

Nobodys had a set of dgital calipers fuck up on them yet? i agree they are convienient but ive had 2 of them fuck up on me now what ever is inside them slips and it becomes inaccurate while sliding. you can re zero it and it will work fine but once in a while it slips. really been thinking about going old school.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update. Ordered a OEM head gasket like some of you suggested and that was a big no go. The gasket hung way over into the bore. And was only 12 thousandths thick (used my calipers for that :-p). So I would have had waaaay high compression with the head being milled so much. Ordered a 68mm .43 head gasket from bansheedepot.com and worked perfect. Still confused about the .50 stamped on top of the pistons.