Banshee pistons ...

I took my banshee engine apart to replace shifting forks . Which turned into all new shifting hardware , trans. Shaft , new crank etc. I want to put a new set of rings on my pistons while its apart . The problem is I can't tell what brand of pistons I have . I cleaned them up and don't see anything on them . There is a number in the top of the piston looks like 2.25 .. I orderd a set of Wisco ring but there way to thin to fit my ring land . The rings on my piston are twice as thick .. I have no idea how to determine what brand of rings to order . ? The numbers on top of the pistons mean anything ? My bore now is 66mm .

u need to get some one to check the cylinders and pistons out to make sure eveything is the right size. u have already replaced the stuff in the botom side. so u might as well get the topside checked. u might need a bore or atleast a hone and probley new pistons.

If it really is 2.25 stamped in the top, that could mean 2.25mm oversize which would be 66.25.

66.00 is considered the last safe bore. After that, the cylinder liner gets pretty thin and can break off at the bottom. Regardless of whether you are at 66.00 or 66.25, those cylinders are at the end of their life. Don't spend a bunch of money on them.