clutch springs

That funny in the lock up tuning i thought it was psi and does it really matter

I was trying to stay out of this cat fight.

We measure our clutch springs in lbs. @ the spring installed height. As far as I know that's the standard for clutch base pressure testing. There might be other ways of doing it.

We do the same basic procedures with our race car valve springs, but it's a little more involved.

If you need a little more guidance on the spring testing, just ask in the lock-up tuning thread.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm calling Larry maybe to day just been work a Shit ton. And I like psi maybe its the turbo in me. Like I said is it really a big deal on the wording. But I forgot everyone's a pro on here

I don't see where I came off as a pro. " There might be other ways of doing it".

It's pretty clear you have a choice. You don't like everyone being a pro, go somewhere else or hit the ignore option for the Pro's. It does not get much simpler than that!

no its pretty simple i was sure in your lock up thread u said psi  and that was all its not a big deal but guys on here love to be assholes and talk down to others of coarse on a key board. i have seen them do the same to u   not that u are a asshole. so how much pressure on average does a stock spring have. im working on my slingshot costum made lock up and i need to change all my springs from r6 to banshee springs

actually I like most of your post and u maybe a pro as far as clutch tuning. But maybe u are just a Dick like the other know it alls

I have no problems with you & I didn't understand why I was referred to as Dick or know it all. Hence, I turned into a Dick thereafter. 

no its pretty simple i was sure in your lock up thread u said psi  and that was all its not a big deal but guys on here love to be assholes and talk down to others of coarse on a key board. i have seen them do the same to u   not that u are a asshole. so how much pressure on average does a stock spring have. im working on my slingshot costum made lock up and i need to change all my springs from r6 to banshee springs

If I said psi in my thread, I'm sure it's still there. Quote it & will humbly apologize. Hmmm...... you don't see that much on the forums!

As for the stock spring pressure, I have no idea. Our stuff takes modified stock style banshee springs.

Our future plans include doing some R&D with stock springs, DD lock-up & maybe even a slingshot. I have most of the parts ready, just need to find time to test. I guess I need to get our other Banshee going & maybe even build another.

You can measure spring pressure with a drill press. Put a 4 stroke valve in the drill press chuck. Car, truck, Raptor, whatever. Set your bathroom scale on the drill press table. Use the drill press feed handle to compress the spring and a pair of calipers, dividers, ruler, whatever to measure height. Then read the pounds on the scale.