Reed questions, New owner. Broken Reed. Please Help.

Ahh.....new guy to the banshee scene. 

There are 2 things that all of us who have been around these bikes for awhile have learned.

1) There is no such thing as being cheap with these machines.  The cheaper the part....the more likely it is to cost you about 3 times as much.  Whether its just dumb luck or the fact that your bike will start to hate you because your being cheap...it will eventually haunt you.

2) There is also no good that comes from "im just in too much of a hurry to ride."  These bikes take a level of finess to get straightened out......if your not taking your time to pay attention to what your bike it telling you........its going to get louder and louder until its going to scream.....followed shortly by giving you a nice long walk back to the truck.

you are so right.  do it right the first time.

Agreed, I haven't rode my bike for more than 10 minutes since I bought it 2 months ago. I've spent over $500 in parts so far and atleast 15 hrs just retreading bolts and bolt holes, changing oils and making minor adjustments. Another week and I'm sure ill be good to go! Take your time

Agreed, I haven't rode my bike for more than 10 minutes since I bought it 2 months ago. I've spent over $500 in parts so far and atleast 15 hrs just retreading bolts and bolt holes, changing oils and making minor adjustments. Another week and I'm sure ill be good to go! Take your time

shit,  i tried to cheap out buying a shee,

its been almost 2 years,  i have well over 2k in parts, and i still have only ridden it maybe 5 hours.  its been appart the past year to have everything straightened out.  i should be riding it in less then 2 weeks though finally.

shit, i tried to cheap out buying a shee,

its been almost 2 years, i have well over 2k in parts, and i still have only ridden it maybe 5 hours. its been appart the past year to have everything straightened out. i should be riding it in less then 2 weeks though finally.

I got mine for $1250 knowing it needed work, but now I'm doing stuff to it that I just feel it needs, I'm very maticulous with this sorta stuff, it's either perfect or nothing!

Well besides the reeds the Banshee started in 1 kick every time. The machine is pretty tight. I have actually owned a Banshee before. I have also owned other 2 strokes like Tecate 3 wheelers, a quadzilla, 250r's. This is the first time out of all those machines a reed went bad. I don't know much about reeds, but these seem to be better than the stockers? I just cant afford V-force right now. I am very particular about my stuff, and the vito's seemed ok according to the reviews?

Try  the TDR reeds on EBAY.    $30.00 or $40.00  carbon.

I was going to buy the TDR ones but they said for racing motors so I stayed away from them. It was between the TDR ones and Vito's. I ordered the Vito's soley on the TDR ones saying for a race motors without much info on stock or slightly modded engines.

Woulda loved to try them if they would have worked.