Installing new reeds need some help...

The problem I'm having is I cant pull the reed cage out of the cylinder. Everything is unscrewed the intake is off and just the reed cage is sitting in the cylinder. The left side I managed to just pull out with some force. The right side wont come out no matter how hard I pull.

Any tricks? What should i use to loosen the grip between the cage and the cylinder?

Picture below.

post-37654-0-41647900-1366403211.jpg

I had the same problem stick a small - medium size flat head screw driver between the Reed and manifold and lightly tap it with a.hammer, do all 4 sides. It won't take much once your crack the seal. Don't be afraid to hit it

Hit it with your purse.

Use a razor blade utility knife tool. Insert between cylinder and reed cage.

I always use razor blades to initiate separation when everything else fails.  With baby taps.  Remember these are sealing surfaces, you don't want to damage them.  Don't be a "hammer" mechanic.

Never reuse gaskets, also don't use a hammer and screw driver. Just work it off. Some pb blaster will work in there

Always replace the gaskets.  I think you will be disappointed as you new reeds likely will NOT come with new gaskets.  I usually order them a dozen at a time but I've got 3 motors to maintain.

SP

Im a firm believer of never reusing gaskets also.  However i DO have a stash of decent looking reed gaskets that i keep to LIMP through a weekend IF a new gasket on my bike or friends bikes takes a dump.  My advice (if you live in a snowy area) is to find a NON-dealer  snowmobile/atv parts supplier in your area.  Most atv companies seem to like charging around $3 a reed gasket.....however through SportMart here in MI i can get 5 gaskets for $7.