Am I missing something?

LowlyOilBurner

Definitely not a no link swinger. Like I mentioned in my correction post, if it were, it would be sitting too low.

Tie a string around the axle. Stretch it out to the pivot bolt. Adjust it at the axle with tape, sticks, whatever, so that it's centered with the big roundhouse tube. Measure from the string upward to the swinger link bolt hole. If it's made right, it should be 1 1/2". I bet yours is a LOT more than that. If so, bitch at the people that made it.

That's a band aid fix for an improperly designed swingarm. I wonder what that does to the suspension geometry. I would tell them to fuck off, and get your money back + your paint expenses.

Hell yeah. People need to let these shops/distributors/builders that there not happy. It's not what you want. Your suspension is fucked up. You want it right, not a lowering link to fix the swingarm fuck up.

Looks like the mount tabs are about 1"- 1-1/2" to high. I bet putting the bolt hole below the lower swingarm tube will be just right. I have never seen a mounting point that high above the chain as well. You can add a warrior link or lowering link. Also a +6 will always raise the rear. Its just even more with the arched swinger that has mounts that are a lil high.

I like to lower the mounting point to lower the bike with longer arms and move the mounting point back 1-2" depending on the setup, to help sag.

It's a 485 cheetah. Nothing crazy, it pretty much is a stock bike, that's why I got this swingarm, I'm starting to replace all the stock suspension piece by piece.

Yeah, it does seem like a bandaid fix... I'll call them again today. I don't know if they can do much, shit, the thing has been powder coated, greased, bearings pressed in, it's "used" essentially. It wasn't cheap either...

You are being way too nice. I certainly wouldn't trust my life to someone that can't even get the shock mount in the right position. The fact that you had to grind the bolt head to get it to fit through between the tubes, shows right there that they haven't put a lot of thought into their design. This isn't a simple, "oops, we made a mistake, sorry". The fact that Eastcoast admits that this swingarm raises it up "a bit", shows that no one is willing to take responsibility. Jam that thing up their ass.

If you are using that bike primarily for trails, I would ditch the arch setup and get a traight, round tube, heavy duty setup from say Wheelman or Stellar or turbo chassis..... The arch should be used on sand only IMO.