pistons advice

I don;t know about how much hp you gain, when I put them in my stock motor with +4 timing fmf fatty pipes and a k&n filter in the airbox with out a lid. there was definitly a noticable difference. they held up very well.

Anybody have any idea about these vitos super stock pistons that supposbly add 8+ horse power ?? Any suggestions

8 hp is quite a bit to be gained from pistons in my opinion.  I'd think if that were the case everyone here would be raving about them.  Everyone isn't but they do speak highly of the wisecos, as do I, so that is where I would put my money.  I don't think anyone is going to buy an 8 hp gain without some timeslips or dyno numbers to back it up.  Just my 2 cents.

SP

They do come close to that 8 HP gain actually. They are beveled at the piston crown in certain areas near the cylinder ports so that they simulate port work. They aren't for every one but for the average bolt on bike needing a rebuild they can add some oomph if you're not so serious about doing a port job and all the associated work.

They do come close to that 8 HP gain actually. They are beveled at the piston crown in certain areas near the cylinder ports so that they simulate port work. They aren't for every one but for the average bolt on bike needing a rebuild they can add some oomph if you're not so serious about doing a port job and all the associated work.

But surely you would need all of the bolt on mods to right? Reeds, timming plate, tors removal and jetting etc.....???

If they simulate porting a good set of reeds may compliment them.  A timing plate allows for better burn of the combustion charge.  Tors isn't a performance mode and jetting isn't a mod, it is considered set up and tuning.  Are these pistons cast or forged?

SP

They simulate mild porting and with just aftermarket pipes 7-8 hp dyno proven is repeatable. The only knock on the pistons has been from people who didn't re-jet for the added power.

If they simulate porting a good set of reeds may compliment them.  A timing plate allows for better burn of the combustion charge.  Tors isn't a performance mode and jetting isn't a mod, it is considered set up and tuning.  Are these pistons cast or forged?

SP

they are forged pistons.  

they are forged pistons.

Yes they are forged.